Author Topic: Ancestral Manboard  (Read 3196921 times)

Rob Davies

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2001, 08:55:34 PM »
Mick, not my area of expertise I am afraid although my wife has been known to use the words Manband and divorce in the same sentence. I like the idea of Man taking over Swansea for the weekend. The prospect of gigs at the Patti, the Railmens and maybe Terry's club ideally with appearances from the Jets, Iceberg, Alcatraz, Racing Cars, Quicksand, Malcolm Morley/Richard Treece/Ken Whaley/Dave Charles in any guise, a set from Micky and Deke doing 60s covers, Donovan's Brain, Martin's rock and roll band ( is it the Silverbirds?), Serratone, Jackie Leven, and nightly sets from Man would be fun.

Wren B

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2001, 08:59:35 PM »
The Hawkwind.com website tour dates page has a mention of a Greasy Truckers 2001 at the London Astoria on 21/10 - Man are down as playing. Are you able to confirm or deny Jules? :-)

Rob Davies

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2001, 09:33:57 PM »
Wren that was a superb spot. The Mean Fiddler website lists the gig but with no line up as yet. Tickets are available for ?16 plus the usual exorbitant booking fees and I have taken a punt that Man will be playing and bought a ticket. That's another Sunday acounted for with a difficult Monday morning to follow.

Kevin Tanswell

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2001, 09:41:32 PM »
Nik Turner's Inner City Unit and Mick Farren & the Deviants are also billed for the Greasy Truckers gig on www.hawkwind.com. Must dig out my Afghan Coat and loon pants!

Evil Webmaster

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2001, 11:58:21 PM »
Yes, Man are confirmed at the Truckers reunion, LA2 on 21st October. I mean come on, you couldn't have a proper Truckers show without the Manband after all.

Jolly Boys Outing methinks.

Evil Webmaster

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2001, 01:32:18 AM »
nik turner's inner city unit - a regular gig at the hope and anchor and all over, about the time of manipulator and the force - anyone ever help nik to raise the bones of elvis or watch the grass grow, or are manfans just too sophisticated - andy

andy mids

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2001, 01:34:07 AM »
i like low tech posting - no offence

AdamTone

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2001, 01:57:43 AM »
Props yet again Jules. Ahh yes, i remember strongbow. Watch out under! Lavender's just a bit, ah, um, er, well pansys come to mind, not that there's anything wrong with that, if it's not unadviseable to bring it up,  but ... I happen to like green. eggs and ham. i am.
A

AdamTone

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2001, 02:17:37 AM »
Sage, perhaps?

halfamix

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2001, 02:19:18 AM »
"Elvis Presley American Dream Lived in Memphis Tennessee" I don't believe that we have had Inner City Unit,Edgar Broughton and Nektar mentioned in the same day! Man fans are obviously smoking good weed and listening to excellant sounds!

halfamix

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2001, 02:21:31 AM »
Number 69 yearrrh!!! Shame I ain't getting any!

andy mids

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2001, 11:07:28 AM »
i can hear it now halfamix - and i can see the bones clashing over nik's ed - the light bulb is swinging - ive reached over for my pass-out - space invaders moving in on us

Howard Chard

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2001, 04:28:20 PM »
Halfamix, where were we before we were so rudely interrupted.  Keith Ellis was indeed in Juicy Lucy "Lie Back and Enjoy It"...but the greatest bass player I ever saw was Colin Hodgkinson.  He used to play with Backdoor and solo with blues numbers accompanying himself on the bass.  I was with a bass player when I saw him at Ronnie Scotts.  The bass player kept saying "Thank God he doesn't read music".
I also saw Van De Graaf Generator at the Gwyn Hall, Neath.  That sax player seemed to get his clothes from the YCL catalogue in the days before Village People made such attire fashionable.
Man weekend at Swansea.  Yes, please!  Perhaps the greatest rock band ever to emerge from Wales could be introduced by the King...Herbie Williams.  What a winh half with those magic left foot passes around the fullback for Brian Evans to run onto.

Paul Reilly

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2001, 12:36:21 PM »
I like the idea of doing the Man weekender in Wales, makes it simpler for all the X-Man members to be available. Also like the idea of the Man tour of Swansea( and, of course, the drinking). How do we get this idea through to the boys in the band?
I would suggest the first weekend in October. Off season, but not too cold. good warm up to Greasy Truckers!!!

Paul Reilly

Ancestral Manboard
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2001, 12:38:22 PM »
By the way. is there going to be a prize for posting number 100?;-)