Author Topic: New gigs  (Read 17802 times)

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
Re: New gigs
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 01:23:50 PM »
I doubt the band have any control over what the promotor puts up on the venue's website.
The promoter also claims manband.co.uk is the band's "official site".

I do have a bit of sympathy for the band over this - it must be a bit frustrating when promotors use out of date video clips or resort to using old band photos with new members faces superimposed or fail to link to the official sites, i.e. here: http://www.myspace.com/martinaceonline or here: http://www.martinace.de/start.html

There is no mention of the gig on Deke's site - does anyone know if Iceberg are supporting or is Deke guesting on a few numbers?

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 01:49:57 PM »
Similar scenarios have played out in respect of the two versions of Wishbone Ash doing the rounds.   It makes for entertaining reading as every foul up by a promoter is escalated into a conspiracy of the highest proportions perpetrated by one side against the other.

Funnily enough, Effigy are involved with one of these bands too.   Undoubtedly a bunch of infiltrators seeking the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine) :-)
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Stevie Nicks

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
am jus a simple geordie lass. if am in band ferter ah wanna luk pukka. ah divvent wanna see pic-chores of band when syd barret were still in 'em. 

Wishbone Ash.....

ive boinked em even speccy four eyes. noo there's a man who can threr doon his sword. ah do me shopping at argus. there's the rub.

Effigy...

ive boinked em even speccy four eyes. an 'ave walked the dog.

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 06:55:01 PM »
<snip> does anyone know if Iceberg are supporting or is Deke guesting on a few numbers?

Guesting for several numbers was the suggestion I heard. I wonder if those numbers might be 7, 1, 7, 1, 5, 5 & 1.
Boldly going.......

Michael Heatley

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 08:03:43 PM »
I now understand it may well be Man plus Iceberg Jules...will be talking to the Duke at greater length tomorrow.

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 09:20:10 PM »
I wonder if those numbers might be 7, 1, 7, 1, 5, 5 & 1.

Ahh Mr Jules - I think I've worked out a nice harmony part. It goes 6, 2, 6, 2, 4, 4, 2.

I now understand it may well be Man plus Iceberg Jules...will be talking to the Duke at greater length tomorrow.

....and tell him how much we're looking forward to the new book!

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »
Ok, guys - let's have it then.  Is this just a one off or part of a wider tour?

I think teaming up like this is probably the only way forward for both bands in the current climate if they are of any serious intent.
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Davey

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »
...i would just like to say that in my world a band or a handler can reach out to a promotor and say "hey use this clip,not that one" ...we're talking about one gig here(so far) ...that's in october...there's plenty of time to get a handle on the situation...it must be easy as pie to switch the clip on the site...that's my two cents...cheers...anyhow if somebody films the show in october they will have more to choose from in the future...peace...

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 11:46:38 PM »
I now understand it may well be Man plus Iceberg Jules.

Now that would be bloody marvellous. I feel a trip to the badlands coming on. Might even buy a shandy or two.
Boldly going.......

Michael Heatley

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 06:12:24 PM »
Okay, troops, as you were...sorry for raising anyone's hopes or causing Davey to book a flight...

Deke wishes it to be known that he will be guesting with the current Man on 1 October in a personal capacity. He originally thought it was an Iceberg gig but it has now been made clear he is to guest on certain numbers TBA. As far as I know it is a one-off.

I had thought the promoter would have to be generous to fund two headlining bands, and so it has proved. Mind you, I'm not as red-faced as the person who texted me for further info, saying 'What are they going to be billed as?' and believed my answer:

ACEBERG!  ;D

Martin Daughton

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »
Titanic Mr H.   ::)

Lynsey Fookin Buckenham

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 09:13:47 PM »

Colin Jouxson

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 09:25:34 PM »
Okay, troops, as you were...sorry for raising anyone's hopes or causing Davey to book a flight...

Deke wishes it to be known that he will be guesting with the current Man on 1 October in a personal capacity. He originally thought it was an Iceberg gig but it has now been made clear he is to guest on certain numbers TBA. As far as I know it is a one-off.

I had thought the promoter would have to be generous to fund two headlining bands, and so it has proved. Mind you, I'm not as red-faced as the person who texted me for further info, saying 'What are they going to be billed as?' and believed my answer:

ACEBERG!  ;D

zzzzzzzzz :-X ;) ;D

Mike Morgan

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 10:59:46 PM »
Just a question, Is this a snub to Deke?

welshgit

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 11:06:34 PM »
be nice to see Deke.