Author Topic: New gigs  (Read 17803 times)

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
Re: New gigs
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 12:23:50 AM »
ACEBERG!  ;D

Lettuce hope the puns improve soon..
Virgin places don't mean a thing to people who never bring their hearts along.

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 01:39:08 AM »
Lettuce hope the puns improve soon..

Cos if they don't we should all be ashamed.
Boldly going.......

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 01:40:59 AM »
Just a question, Is this a snub to Deke?

For the avoidance of doubt, is what a snub to Deke?
Boldly going.......

Mike Morgan

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »
He originally thought it was an Iceberg gig but it has now been made clear he is to guest on certain numbers TBA.

It reads a bit like Deke has been put in his place.  That is if 'He' refers to Deke

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »
He originally thought it was an Iceberg gig but it has now been made clear he is to guest on certain numbers TBA.

It reads a bit like Deke has been put in his place.  That is if 'He' refers to Deke

Ok, understood now. No snub I'm sure. After all, the invitation to stand up for a few is more an act of comradely solidarity. Deke, or his chosen representatives on earth, would normally arrange Iceberg gigs.

Personally I'd have loved to see Iceberg up the ante and give Man another challenge to rise too, but I'm willing to settle for an extended guest appearance.  I wonder what songs they'll decide on.
Boldly going.......

Mike Morgan

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 11:50:50 PM »
Agree about the 'solidarity' bit.  I'm sure we've all had fallings out with close friends / the ones we love and if you can back and identify the root cause of the problem it's usually something really petty.  Whatever 'we' think of the current Man line up, I'm glad that Deke can still get on with them.  A friendship that goes back 40+ years has to be worth trying to maintain.

Lynsey Fookin Buckenham

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 11:52:41 PM »
I wonder what songs they'll decide on.

Hoopfully Chuffin Loike A Muffin, boy.

Mike Morgan

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 12:07:59 AM »
Popemobile and jumping like a kangaroo as well, please.

Walrus for an encore?

lloydie 2

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »
Nothing to report Pete T we have Stray and The Heavy Metal Kids re booked  just wish and hope something Man related can be sorted.We also have a crackin venue with decent stage etc that can be used. :) in Llandudno junction .

George Jones

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21:33 AM »
i inboxed you lloydie did you not get it?

lloydie 2

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »
sorry George no I didnt.My email address is lloydiemike@yahoo.co.uk thanks

Davey

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 10:06:34 PM »
Okay, troops, as you were...sorry for raising anyone's hopes or causing Davey to book a flight...

Deke wishes it to be known that he will be guesting with the current Man on 1 October in a personal capacity. He originally thought it was an Iceberg gig but it has now been made clear he is to guest on certain numbers TBA. As far as I know it is a one-off.

...actually this does cause me to want to book a flight...how could you? ;) ...i have a steady job again playing tabla 5 nights a week or more with a sikh who looks like Jerry Garcia(picture attached).you could say i was "rocking with a sikh" and not be too far off...i think i have a savings account with 35 dollars in it.this gives me an opportunity to find out what a savings account is all about...btw Michael if i can get it together i will bring my guitar, if you would like to have another impromptu jam-cheers-Davey

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 11:35:32 PM »
..is that a skin drum? Hide and seek?
Virgin places don't mean a thing to people who never bring their hearts along.

Davey

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »
...hey, are you trying to get my goat? trying to get under my skin?...listen, your comment made me feel a little ill; but please leave my partner out of this;as you can see he is very very sikh at the moment...

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »
Friends

As you know, Leamington is a Spa town. However, I am concerned as to the contents of the water eminating from this particular spa. I am convinced it has properties that seperates the id from the ego, the yin from the yang and (worse) the cheech from the chong.

You will mostly be aware of the Man gig featuring Deke on a few numbers due in October.

Well I think we can now possibly top that......Hawkwind played there recently and now Hawklords (originally a Brock diversion) have been booked for Oct 23.....except this Hawklords is a Nik Turner version without Dave Brock! I'm sure DB will be pleased for his old chum.

Apologies to anyone who is not up to speed with all this, although it's not surprising....hopefully once the internet has been invented we will all be kept fully informed of dates, activities, etc....

Sigh.