Author Topic: ENDANGERED SPECIES  (Read 2780 times)

William Rait

ENDANGERED SPECIES
« on: May 15, 2013, 12:47:54 PM »
I have finally got around to rebuying this and it arrived yesterday. I had forgotten just how much I liked this album. It is by far my favourite of the new(1983-2003 era). Even the music of P**e M****e is quality. Face to Face, Love isn't Love, and Saints and Sinners are the standouts for me, but I don't feel there is a bad song on the entire album. Thanks to Mickey, Deke, Gavin, Martin and Bob as well as Manband members living and departed for a lifetime of pleasure, which continues even after their deaths. I listened to Rhinos as a tribute to Ken- what a great album, much of Slow Motion as well. Thanks

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
Re: ENDANGERED SPECIES
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »
I think Endangered Species is one of the most consistent albums Man ever made - which puts it pretty near the top of the list for best album.   
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Rob W

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 01:08:16 AM »
I'm sure I'll be ridiculed for this, but for the life of me, I can't work out who "P**e M****e is.

And incidentally, has our Gav been promoted to a band member?

:)

William Rait

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:43:11 AM »
POPE MOBILE.
Thanks for the correction ,Rob, this is what happens when you try and write posts in work and people /interviews/phone calls/managers needlessly distract one form the main porpoise of life-----updating the Manboard ;D

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 12:34:08 AM »
Call down the moon is far better for extended jams and my fave of the post 83 era..
Virgin places don't mean a thing to people who never bring their hearts along.

Rob W

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 11:45:36 AM »
Think I'm going to sit on the fence on this one.

Unc, thanks to your post, I put it on yesterday. First time in ages, a fine album.

I take Allan's point that it could be described as one of the more consistent Man albums, but that doesn't mean to say it is one of their best.

Which brings me to Pete's post, which I agree with. My favourite of the post 83 era. CDTM (the track) and Drivin' Around are two of the best jamming tracks the band recorded, since 1968 in my opinion.

Now I've got to get the splinters out of my backside. :)

halfamix

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 05:51:44 PM »
I'm playing it now and I think its a excellent album and over the passage of time I can now listen to P.M  :o