Author Topic: When I was younger........  (Read 12634 times)

Rob W

Re: When I was younger........
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 11:47:21 PM »
Topic? What topic 8)

You don't see topics anymore do you?  Never did like them. 

On the other hand, Aztec's. Sorely missed !

Akeno-Pool

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 12:25:12 AM »
Topic? What topic 8)

mint cracknell

Mike Morgan

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »
Topic? What topic 8)

mint cracknell

Deffo got the better of me on that one.  Was it any sort of After Eight or Match Maker variant?

Akeno-Pool

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 05:08:20 PM »
Topic? What topic 8)

mint cracknell

Deffo got the better of me on that one.  Was it any sort of After Eight or Match Maker variant?

Combine the two and you are on the way there. VERY crunchy.
Made by MacIntosh and still available in S Africa, apparently.

Me? I'm addicted to Mint Tea Kit Kat here in Japan

Trevor Barstow

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »
Me? I'm addicted to Mint Tea Kit Kat here in Japan
After a bit of research (wikipedia) there seems to be a huge variety of kit kat flavours in Japan: many more than in other parts of the world. Tell us Mr Akeno-Pool-san how many flavours are available in your local sweet shop at the moment?

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 08:54:58 PM »
Tell us Mr Akeno-Pool-san how many flavours are available in your local sweet shop at the moment?

Yes, and please provide pictures of (a) the wrapping; (b) a three quarter angle view of the kit kat itself; and (c) if you could take a bite and photo the internal view of each flavour, thanks.

Maybe we could make this a sticky.....topic.   
Nationsounds - the label that brought you Shake The Nation and raised 1,500 in memory of Micky...

Trevor Barstow

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 09:30:22 PM »
Tell us Mr Akeno-Pool-san how many flavours are available in your local sweet shop at the moment?

Yes, and please provide pictures of (a) the wrapping; (b) a three quarter angle view of the kit kat itself; and (c) if you could take a bite and photo the internal view of each flavour, thanks.

Maybe we could make this a sticky.....topic.
With Mt Fuji in the background if possible.

Martin Daughton

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »

Impossible. Fuji-yama is a bugger to photograph. Unless conditions are freakishly ideal it tends to fade into the blue haze of the background. I have teeth-grindingly disappointing prints to prove it...

And I'm sure NN is going all CIS on us. He wants an image of Akeno-Pool's teeth imprints for some mischievous conspiracy...

Rob W

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »

Impossible. Fuji-yama is a bugger to photograph. Unless conditions are freakishly ideal it tends to fade into the blue haze of the background. I have teeth-grindingly disappointing prints to prove it...

And I'm sure NN is going all CIS on us. He wants an image of Akeno-Pool's teeth imprints for some mischievous conspiracy...

You don't see it because it's always p*ss*ng down there. Memories of James Hunt 1976   ;D)

And what's NN got to do with the Co Operative Insurance Society ?

Mike Morgan

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 11:41:39 PM »
I think there was something on QI about 'Mount Fuji' transalting as 'mountain mountain'?

All I know is that they (fuji) may be one of the largest IT providers in the world, but even with my extremely limited IT skills, it appears to me that certain sections of the GB Civil Service appear to be overwhelmingly underserved and overcharged by them.

Hey ho!

Akeno-Pool

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 09:21:33 PM »
So may questions, so little intelligence left to answer them.

Fuji means mountain. And so does Yama, so Fujiyama is indeed tautologically challenged. Not sure it is tautology actually, two meanings in one word..

My local FamilyMart ( a poor man's 7/11) currently has Pineapple, Strawberry and Mint Tea Kit Kat. and dark choc0loate bore-a-thon version.
They are released as specials, and us aficionados and hikkikomori boys tend to gather at strange hours to buy as many as we can before they go.

Pleasantly surprised by pineapple.

Devastated to have missed the Sweet Corn flavoured version last year and there was a potato one I missed too. Wifey brought me a huge box of Miso soup flavoured ones. Made me ill after a while though

Still recovering from the shock of losing our local 24 hour beer and whiskey vending machine.

Will bring a selection with us to Morriston. Many may get munched though as traveling on Korean Air and Kimchi just doesn't do it for me.

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 09:47:45 PM »
Thanks AP, a pleasure to read a well-thought out post on this forum that still manages to stray off the original topic. Still looking forward to the pics, mind.

Many may get munched....

....but few throw up.
Nationsounds - the label that brought you Shake The Nation and raised 1,500 in memory of Micky...

Trevor Barstow

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 10:40:18 PM »
Pleasantly surprised by pineapple.
Where is Glen Baxter when you need him?

Akeno-Pool

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »
I still find myself agreeing with the wit who questioned the need for locks on 7/11 front doors, though. I mean they are always open over here.

Only just returned from a week in UK and already missing it.

Thankfully, Deke's book, the memories of a few great gigs, meeting Mr Heatley and the comfort of a few bottles of (local) curry flavoured lemonade should see me through to December.

BTW - is Deke doing a gig after Morriston?

Michael Heatley

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 09:44:39 AM »
Neath on the Sunday afternoon is on, so Will tells me - it is the tenth successive year.  8)