Author Topic: Fuck, Fuck, Fuck........  (Read 6127 times)

Mark Oakley

Re: Fuck, Fuck, Fuck........
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 06:12:30 PM »
Must have been The Palace.
I have clear memories of Free Trade Hall, The Palace and The Electric Circus (did you ever go there Rob. Some really memorable nights at that place.)
I was nearly convinced I'd also been to M/Cr gigs at an 'Opera House' of some sort...but it's all a bit of a blur to be honest.
Should have kept all my ticket stubs like the Bannon-man and others.
How do you know when you've been smited? Go on somebody...smite me, so I'll know what it is if it ever happens again!

Rob W

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 06:42:25 PM »
Must have been The Palace.
I have clear memories of Free Trade Hall, The Palace and The Electric Circus (did you ever go there Rob. Some really memorable nights at that place.)
I was nearly convinced I'd also been to M/Cr gigs at an 'Opera House' of some sort...but it's all a bit of a blur to be honest.
Should have kept all my ticket stubs like the Bannon-man and others.
How do you know when you've been smited? Go on somebody...smite me, so I'll know what it is if it ever happens again!

You've already been smited twice, you wally!!    ;D

And yes, you should keep your ticket stubs. Though I don't!  Saw Nils Lofgren in Colne with pal of mine, he had his ticket stub from a Nils Lofgren gig in Newcastle,  25yrs to the day. His missus, secretly informed somebody, whoever it was, and that got us both a personal audience with Nils (note first name terms. He calls me Woolfey - actually he doesn't. I'm lying).

No, I didn't go to the Electric Circus. I think that ceased ops before I cam of age. I was drooling over whats-er-name from Middle of the Road when the Electric Circus was in its pomp. And the Pipkins.

Akeno-Pool

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 12:30:43 AM »
Went to see him with a fewJapanese fans/friends.
wife and I in floods of tears.

I'm coming back to the UK this week, sad to leave Mrs A-P behind.

Wilko said he would play a few gigs next month.

Not sure I could stand the feelings of utter sadness.

Highly recommend 'Looking Back At Me' - if you don't have the book do yourself a favour....

PS Tower Records Tokyo has five Man CD's for sale.....

Tel

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 07:25:09 AM »
Being a Southend lad, I saw the Feelgood's many times in the 1970's. And they are responsible for my only appearance at number one in the album charts as I was at the Southend Kursaal gig that made half of the live Stupidity album  ;)

It is indeed extremely sad news. He's made a bit of a career as an actor in recent years appearing in Game Of Thrones which was shown on Sky.

This is worth a look (sorry about the advert) for 15 mins of the Feelgood's live at the Kursaal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzF0AETdRF8

rockprof

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:45 PM »
Not entirely sure if this is duff info as I wasn't paying full attention, but thought I heard on R4 tonight that there is an interview with Wilko on R4 tomorrow evening at 7.15. It was 'somebody' Johnson, singer, songwriter, but I missed the 'somebody'. Presume its Wilko, apologies if wrong.

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 11:35:02 PM »
Not entirely sure if this is duff info as I wasn't paying full attention, but thought I heard on R4 tonight that there is an interview with Wilko on R4 tomorrow evening at 7.15. It was 'somebody' Johnson, singer, songwriter, but I missed the 'somebody'. Presume its Wilko, apologies if wrong.

Very possibly.  There was an interview with him in The Times earlier on this week.  He's obviously doing the rounds of all the cultural icons of this nation of ours, as well as the gigs.

There's a certain song that talks about treating every bit of happiness as if it was your last.  Wilko seems to be the embodiment of that.  Suspect if it was me I'd have rolled into a ball and crawled off into the nearest corner.
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

rockprof

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 12:19:48 AM »
Fair play to him. It takes a brave person to look that in the face and soldier on.

Arjayay

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 01:01:17 PM »
Wilko Johnson: 'Terminal cancer has made me feel alive'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21187740
You can hear the full interview with Wilko Johnson on Radio 4's Front Row at 19:15 on 25 January.

Akeno-Pool

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 11:24:51 PM »
penultimate photo is wonderful

http://tower.jp/article/news/2013/01/17/n02

he paid all his income from the gigs to the ongoing tsunami appeal