Author Topic: Danny Baker on BBC4.  (Read 33388 times)

Barry Island

Re: Danny Baker on BBC4.
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2014, 10:30:37 PM »
Muppet!!!! Even worse if he meant it as a bad thing.
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »
Muppet!!!! Even worse if he meant it as a bad thing.

Have to say that listening to Mind Mischief from the Lonerism I can very much hear the similarity in the closing section.  But they just seen another band trading off the old psych sounds largely.

And the reference wasn't intended to be bad - only that it gave him a reference point for the music.

I've always liked Danny Baker, not least as someone who's happy to rhapsodise about the Ramones and ELP in the same sentence.
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Barry Island

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »
Fair play - he can be annoying though. Good that our boys are in that head of his for referencing reasons then. He needs to play a bit now and spread the love.
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2014, 08:16:14 PM »
I wouldn't hold your breath. I've only heard Danny Baker offer two Man related opinions. First on The Twang Dynasty (I think, could be wrong) where he commented "Some people just don't know when to give up", and second on Be Good To Yourself where, despite admiring the Pierre Tubbs cover, he dismissed the album as "Not particularly good." 
Boldly going.......