Author Topic: Bring on the 16th March  (Read 4869 times)

Mike Morgan

Bring on the 16th March
« on: February 02, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »

Mike Morgan

Re: Bring on the 16th March
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »
The way they're playing (about 10 minutes to go) I'd take a draw against Abertillery School for Young Ladies (under 12's) let alone beating England.

Mike Morgan

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
So.  The 16th March has been brung.

A seven point, or more,  win for Wales will win us the tournament.  Anything else will see England win it.  The mind games have already started and the roof will be closed.  Many pundits feel that Wales would get more pleasure out of the win because that will deny England the grand slam, than they will get from winning the tournament.

If Wales do win and their advice to England is heeded, there will be a great need in the morning for people with rectal chariot removal skills.

Me?   Clearly I'd love Wales to win, but won't be losing any sleep if we lose.

Let's see how things are looking just after 6:30. 8)

Rob W

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »
And there was me thinking you were talking about Hamilton Accies versus Partick Thistle.

:)

Mike Morgan

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 06:17:12 PM »
Oh you silly thing ;D

rockprof

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »
Mighty performance altogether, and a share of Welsh pubs drunk dry tonight.

Mike Morgan

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 09:08:45 PM »
Tidy!

Thought we might do it with a bit of luck but never imagined this level of success. Nice :)

Mike Morgan

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 12:33:34 AM »
Amazing the venom that the result of a game can bring - have a look at the BBC website.  Wales won., Shall we we move on?  I don't think the result means we've found the cure to a nasty disease.

Mike Morgan

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 12:49:37 AM »
The way they're playing (about 10 minutes to go) I'd take a draw against Abertillery School for Young Ladies (under 12's) let alone beating England.

I should of course apologise / congratulate  Abertillery School for Young Ladies.

Mike Morgan

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »
A FBook quote

“The Welsh had an unfair advantage, they spend all year chasing white things around a field." ;D

Wyn Roberts

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 07:50:54 PM »
Blimey! An amusing variation on the sheep joke.That' s the first in about 30 years.  :)

Martin Daughton

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 06:26:26 PM »
South Wales Police are apppealing for witnesses to a brutal crime perpetrated upon 15 Englishmen on a recent visit to Cardiff. Additionally the men were robbed of something called a Grand Slam, that they had apparently come to collect, and they had their mode of transport, colloquially known as a "chariot", so badly vandalised that it is said to be beyond viable repair.
This heinous crime was seemingly carried out by a gang of 15 Welshmen dressed in bright red shirts, in broad daylight, and in front of 75,439 people, the majority of whom who gathered around the attack and stood cheering, clapping and singing hymns and arias, almost as if they were encouraging the gang.

A spokesmen for the South Wales Police Force said this “This sort of attack is just sickening……..One of the victims was a young lad called Owen Farrell, who was on his first trip toWales, and he has been traumatised by the whole shocking experience.To make matters even worse his Father was forced to watch the entire assault from start to finish, unable to lift a finger to protect his son from the sickening and relentless battering meted out by the conspicuously attired red-shirted assailants”.

The police spokesman continued, “We are following up a number of leads and have reason to believe that this crimson shirted gang may be linked to a similar incident that occurred a year ago in a place called Twickenham, which we think is somewhere near London”.
If you can possibly assist the Police in their enquiries then you should contact them as soon as possible via their Website. If however you are contemplating using Skype to do this, then please try to wipe the smile off your face first.