Author Topic: Steve Hackett - spare ticket  (Read 3498 times)

Mark Oakley

Steve Hackett - spare ticket
« on: October 28, 2014, 11:54:34 AM »
I have ended up (through illness - someone else's not mine) with a spare ticket for Steve Hackett tomorrow night in Southampton. Already have feelers out but if anybody wants to claim it and gets back to me fast with a private e-mail, it could be yours! I paid 34...but will happily part with it for 20.

Rob W

Re: Steve Hackett - spare ticket
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 02:32:27 PM »
Could that somebody else, not hack it?

Oakers...reminds me of that gig at the MEN those few years ago. For ever in your debt, sir. 

Mike Morgan

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 08:10:40 PM »
Rob, what gig was that. Not sure if I ever mentioned I went to see Waters doing The Wall a few years ago?

Rob W

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »
Rob, what gig was that. Not sure if I ever mentioned I went to see Waters doing The Wall a few years ago?

I've expelled a lot of waters against the wall in my time.

Usually after a few beers....

And, no. I don't recall you ever mentioning it.

;D

Mark Oakley

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 12:25:20 PM »
The ticket was not wasted...and the show was awesome. Assorted classics from the 71-77 era, pretty much note-perfect, bar some welcome embellishments c/o sax and clarinet, and some improvised intro's. Deke would probably have thrown up, but for me it was sheer bliss. WARNING! Read no further if you're due to see soon:

When Watcher of the Skies started up as first encore track I thought to myself  "If they wrap up with Los Endos this will have been a near perfect night. They duly delivered."

Andrew P

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 01:16:23 PM »
In Cardiff around 20 years ago I stood spellbound as a street busker with an acoustic guitar performed a perfect Watcher Of The Skies. Supper's Ready did not follow though. There are some very gifted people out there.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 03:27:42 PM »
The Knife had my lower lip trembling quite excessively.
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Mark Oakley

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 04:25:10 PM »
My lower lip was down by my chest with my jaw! Was in a bit of a euphoric bubble throughout...but The Musical Box was one peak; Moonlit Knights another; Hogweed...come to think of it everything!
Always used to puzzle me though, why early Genesis audiences screamed for 'The Knife'...it being so incongruous with the rest of their stuff.