Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 2961 times)

Rob W

Facebook
« on: July 31, 2013, 12:55:36 AM »
So, I'm told a couple of non facebookers have now joined the ranks and I'm on my own, the lone voice in the face of the book. Of faces.  Unfortunately for me, when approached in the pub by the genie of the lamp, the blummin' idiot misheard my request. Instead of granting my wish to be the last of the teenage idols, the dope misheard me, thought I said I wanted to be the last of the luddites ( as I have now been described).  An easy mistake to make. Obviously.

So I'm on my own. I believe the Nation of Oakers have joined the dark side. Adieu, adieu. And there was me thinking the mighty oak hadn't even got to grips with the mobile phone yet! Pffft!!

Just to confirm though, I have nothing at all against fb. Indeed, if I lived so far to the north of Scotland, I'd be nearer to p*gg*n Alaska than Clydach, I'd not only be on fb, I'd take a plastic football, draw a face on it, and call it Wilson...!

Nope, no probs with fb, just lethargy, and having the technical ability of a gerbil doesn't help.

Oh well, one day.

Incidentally, the small print. References in the above post to any characters are fictional, and they are not from the Man Board at all. Honestly :))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:58:15 AM by Rob W »

Colin Salter

Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 01:24:35 AM »
I gave up on Facebook some time ago. A shower of robbin' bastards. I do not consent. I don't agree with the received wisdom that conducting a transaction with an online business allows them to track my every movement any more than it would if it were a face to face transaction in the now-dead high street.

Rob W

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 01:51:19 AM »
Oh Jeez, I was only having a bit of banter. Yikes

rockprof

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 02:38:21 AM »
And lest ye forget. A smart phone is little more than a tracking device you can make calls from. So use both wisely....if you have to at all.

Dave Bardsley

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
And lest ye forget. A smart phone is little more than a tracking device you can make calls from. So use both wisely....if you have to at all.
I don't have a problem with that.  Tells me where I am and when the bus is coming and lets me tell Mrs Dave when I'll be home. 
On the other hand Sit-On-My Facebook tells me (and everyone else) where I've been. Now that's dangerous...

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 10:00:22 AM »
Sit-On-My Facebook....

Quite like that, could use it as a witty rejoinder sometime. Perhaps not with the Vicar of St Mary's.
'The Adventures Of The Celia Gang' digital download charity album for Micky available from the dedicated page on my website http://www.nicknation.co.uk/CeliaGang.html, note the CD has now sold out

Michael Heatley

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »
The Vicar of Dibley would probably oblige...  :o

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »
The Vicar of Dibley would probably oblige...  :o

The Vicar of St Michaels would probably say you can bring it back if it doesn't fit.
'The Adventures Of The Celia Gang' digital download charity album for Micky available from the dedicated page on my website http://www.nicknation.co.uk/CeliaGang.html, note the CD has now sold out