Author Topic: "Alls Well That Ends Well" - views and reviews  (Read 14180 times)

yorkieash1

Re: "Alls Well That Ends Well" - views and reviews
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 05:51:23 PM »
Got my copy the old way went into a record shop in York and bought it paid cash!! then went modern put it in car cd player enjoyed every minute of it

Barry Island

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 06:00:15 PM »
Good journey then? If you played all the discs right through you must be in Berlin or somewhere by now or did you just sit in the drive and listen? :)
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

Colin Salter

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 06:12:20 PM »
At 44' and 45', discs 2 & 3 would just about get you from Edinburgh to Glasgow the way the traffic is here these days. To get to Berlin you're looking at adding at least the BITF set!

Rob W

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 06:23:41 PM »
Good journey then? If you played all the discs right through you must be in Berlin or somewhere by now or did you just sit in the drive and listen? :)

You can play every album issued, including bootlegs, by Man, Helps, Neutrons, Clive John, Green Ray, Alkies etc etc etc, and you'll still be nowhere near Pete T's gaff!

:)

Barry Island

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 06:48:06 PM »
I might just try these suggestions (Any excuse for a road trip!)
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

George Jones

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 09:48:34 PM »

You can play every album issued, including bootlegs, by Man, Helps, Neutrons, Clive John, Green Ray, Alkies etc etc etc, and you'll still be nowhere near Pete T's gaff!

Your not far wrong Rob! You could probably play them twice!

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 03:45:04 AM »

..thrice I say..!!
Virgin places don't mean a thing to people who never bring their hearts along.

yorkieash1

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 12:58:03 PM »
I Heard all of disc 3 sat in a traffic jam in Gillygate York on Friday evening think we will all agree good way to spend a trific jam!!! must say a fantastic job well done all who made it possible.

Mike Morgan

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 03:23:36 PM »
Who's taking the lead vocal on Romain?  Is it John Mc?

Davey

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 10:55:30 AM »
...roll call; has everybody got their copy?...-peace&cheers...

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 12:50:10 PM »
Who's taking the lead vocal on Romain?  Is it John Mc?

Deke. JM only sang on 'Bananas'. Quietly.
'The Adventures Of The Celia Gang' digital download charity album for Micky available from the dedicated page on my website http://www.nicknation.co.uk/CeliaGang.html, note the CD has now sold out

Mike Morgan

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »
Cheers Nick. I listened to again and can now hear it's Deke, albeit in rather softer tones than I usually associate with him.

Rob W

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 09:07:34 PM »
...roll call; has everybody got their copy?...-peace&cheers...

No, I've not.

I really do not like the original AWTEW album, and could not see the point in purchasing this. Frankly, I also couldn't understand what I perceived as incredible irony, considering how much the 1976 albums got slagged off, all the hype when it was announced this was being released.

However, the reports I am reading have made me reconsider, and when I get round to it, I'll get it ordered.

Barry Island

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 10:50:24 PM »
Driving to Brighton via Surrey tomorrow. Road Trip!!!! Will take my copy with me for the journey. My money is on it lasting until Stonehenge.

Mike Morgan

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 12:03:46 AM »
Rob, I wasn't a huge fan of AWTEW from the studio, but I bought this for the live stuff and that's very good indeed.