Author Topic: A NEW BEGINNING......  (Read 94396 times)

Terry

Re: A NEW BEGINNING......
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »
It would appear that one line up will be;
Martin
Josh
James Beck
Rene Robrahn

What a scoop

Terry

Rob the Organ

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2008, 05:47:48 PM »
Also....just musing....and thinking of Will's songwriting skills...I wonder what a combination of George/Phil/Will/Bob/Tweke would be like?
I'd buy it!
Now that would be a line up worth seeing....if Phil Ryan was unavailable I'm sure Clint could do a more than adequate job.

I have often dreamed of a Man with Clive back in it but I don't reckon it'll happen. Clive runs his own business and needs to keep the momentum of it going.

Rob the Organ

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2008, 05:50:22 PM »
George for Man?
We'd have to grill him about that..

..and he'd certainly have to box clever!

Come on Nick..you surely won't resist a pun or two now that the gloves are off...oops.

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2008, 07:45:10 PM »
Come on Nick..you surely won't resist a pun or two now that the gloves are off...oops.

Oddly enough, this one's a bit too serious for me to be jocular. Oops, now I've gone all posh again. Maybe in a bit once everybody's given each other a big girly kiss. Perhaps.
Nationsounds - the label that brought you Shake The Nation and raised 1,500 in memory of Micky...

Rob the Organ

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2008, 07:50:22 PM »
Nick,

Good point - I just hope that George Foreman doesn't read that and think you're referring to him!!!

I wouldn't hold your breath mind (well, I would if girly kisses were on the agenda, but..) as Martin at least has outlined his new band.

What will be will be - as an under 40 fan I really ought to be enjoying the upheaval as it must give me a taste of 1969-76 dynamics that I've never had.

We can at least seek solace in the fact that there will doubtlessly be some good music and possibly from more than one outlet.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:55:07 PM by Rob the Organ »

Colin Salter

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2008, 08:38:36 PM »
Nick makes a good point about companion bands (a bit like companion planting for any gardeners out there). Man made great music when the Helps were stablemates, and again when Iceberg were around, and again when Alkatraz emerged. Maybe they need an outside voice of some sort to spar with. Maybe now, whichever band retains the Man name, the other will act as a sort of foil, like some musical version of a comedy double act.

Ceri Edwards

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »
Saw Brian Breeze playing on Fiday night. Went to Derricks record shop on Saturday morning to buy a couple of Man tickets for the Christmas party - the guy just looked at me and said I dont think you'll be seeing the Manband for a long while.

Still when the dust settles who knows perhaps we will see both Men on the same bill even supporting Iceberg!!
Somebody told me that Clive john is not well and was in hospital.

Cezza :(

Peter Steventon

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2008, 04:07:22 PM »
Looks like the New Beginning has begun, on Martins site he has two Man gigs for 2009
17th June 2009 The Robin 2
19th June 2009 The District club Pontypridd

Martin Daughton

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2008, 05:54:48 PM »
Somebody told me that Clive john is not well and was in hospital.

It's one thing after another. Get well soon Clive - hope it's nothing serious.

Rob W

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »
Just seen this after posting on another thread about Clive John. I too hope it's nothing serious and my very best wishes. 

Rob W

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »
Regarding Pete's post about the new gigs. I see on the Robin's website the band personnel listed is the most recent band pre 'split'.  I think it means nothing that the gig is listed on Martin Ace's site as to who will own the name, 'Man'. I don't think it matters which of the re-formed bands retain the name, it's the personnel who make the band, not the name. If Take That changed their name to Man, would you suddenly buy their records and watch them?  Anyway, my own hunch is that it will be cancelled. (unless there's a reconciliation, but you know, if George and Bob can get Tweke/Will/Clive that would be the business - and they could call themselves Boyzone 2 for all I care 

mikes

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2008, 01:00:40 PM »
Exactly, Rob, exactly.

Get well, Clive.

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »
If Take That changed their name to Man, would you suddenly buy their records and watch them? 

Well they'd have to prove they could do a decent version of "Many Are Called" first.

I've never been convinced that it's the personnel who make the band Man. For me it's the music they create.
Boldly going.......

Peter Steventon

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2008, 03:14:01 PM »
Rob, The dates for 2009 must have been added over the weekend as they were not on the site last Friday morning but as it says Pontypridd must be Confirmed
Pete

Martin Daughton

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2008, 09:18:16 PM »
Looks like a revival of "Country Girl" is on the cards....

http://www.muziekweb.nl/shared/cat/ti/index.php?tnr=JH01058