Author Topic: F*cking Buttercups  (Read 2964 times)

Barry Island

F*cking Buttercups
« on: May 09, 2014, 05:28:27 PM »
Now that the Dandelions have finished spreading their noxious seeds the 'stalking weeds' are quietly flowering away and spreading their tendrils everywhere. Oo! don't they look nice or 'Do you like butter?' etc.etc. may be good fun but these pernicious evil little buggers need their own thread so spleen can be vented in the coming months. For me if nobody else!
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

Andrew P

Re: F*cking Buttercups
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »
I view buttercups as more benign than aggressive. Well in my garden anyway. Not so sure about the field adjoining, but the sheep seem to enjoy them.

I'd rather start a thread on Mare's Tail. Bl**dy pernicious stuff. And don't get me started on Pixie Trees. But then this page would take on a Gardener's Question Time look, and divert us from the business of the day.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Rob W

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:37:38 AM »
To carry on the Gardener's Question Time theme mooted by Andy P.

I went to a village Scarecrow Festival last Bank Holiday Monday. What's all that about?

Loads more scary than horseradish,(comes in a jar desn't it?), horses tails (whatever they are), Mare's Tail (whatever that is), and is way off the radar compared to poxy little dandelions and buttercups.

But not scarier than that Japanese Knotweed stuff mentioned ealier....

Barry Island

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:25:22 AM »
I view buttercups as more benign than aggressive. Well in my garden anyway. Not so sure about the field adjoining, but the sheep seem to enjoy them.

I'd rather start a thread on Mare's Tail. Bl**dy pernicious stuff. And don't get me started on Pixie Trees. But then this page would take on a Gardener's Question Time look, and divert us from the business of the day.

I take your point Andrew - It's just that the buggers are getting to me and unless I diffuse my angst somehow I might do something stupid!!!!!
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

Dave Bardsley

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »
I went to a village Scarecrow Festival last Bank Holiday Monday.

Were you the guest of honour?   ;D

Rob W

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »

Boom Boom!! 

Mind you, funny you say that The Bard. At the 'event', I said to 'er indoors, "don't stand still otherwise you may get 1st prize" I had to make dinner that night!!

Barry Island

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »

Boom Boom!! 

Mind you, funny you say that The Bard. At the 'event', I said to 'er indoors, "don't stand still otherwise you may get 1st prize" I had to make dinner that night!!

Blimey - hard evidence of a Death Wish there. You got off lightly Rob!

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »
Why don't you build me up?
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love