Author Topic: Have you a record in your collection you can't bring yourself to throw away:  (Read 2773 times)

John Bannon

This is prompted by Mike M's posting on Facebook, 'the thirty worst album covers ever'. The attached came as a stiffener to an LP I bought on ebay. Obviously the seller thought this had no more worth that a piece of cardboard.
Its truly awful but at the same time intriguing, I cannot understand what was in promotional people's heads and how they thought this cover would entice customers to buy LP, the really knockout feature is when you open the gatefold sleeve there is a 3D pop up of a nativity play and to think Manboarders were happy enough with an opening map on BITF. On the back someone has gone to the trouble of writing in the timing of the tracks, so must have meant something to someone at sometime.
Its so bad I just can't throw it away.

Barry Island

Mine is Op Klompen by the James Last Orchestra - an old album of my Dad's which we used to take the piss out of endlessly because of the cover. The link below gives you the general idea. Classic sounds from a bygone era but why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvdB-zhHA_g
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

rockprof

There were a lot of drugs about at the time.....

Barry Island

There were a lot of drugs about at the time.....
The album cover does suggest he was an old stoner intent on taking the piss!
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

Tel

Heino - One of Germany's most successful artists with something over 50 million albums sold.

He retired but in the last few years has done some concerts with Andre Rieu and The Johann Strauss Orchestra (one of my guilty pleasures). He is in my opinion, not that great but has a massive following in Germany.

And he really does look like that!!!!!  8)

Martin Daughton

Mmmm! Schlager.