Author Topic: Moonlighting  (Read 5816 times)

Martin Daughton

Moonlighting
« on: January 05, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »
I see Deke is moonlighting as the Telegraph's IT expert...

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
Re: Moonlighting
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »
Not sure what's more of a shock, Deke writing for The Torygraph or Deke being an IT expert.... 
Nationsounds - the label that brought you Shake The Nation and raised 1,500 in memory of Micky...

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 12:17:51 AM »
Indeed, but he is surely cunning enough to be posing as an IT expert for the Torygraph. Ever the subversive.
Boldly going.......

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:21:23 AM »
So you're saying that Deke is a subversive poser? A bit harsh. How are you getting on with the Man Virtual Reality programme? Is it finished yet? 
Nationsounds - the label that brought you Shake The Nation and raised 1,500 in memory of Micky...

Martin Daughton

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »
How are you getting on with the Man Virtual Reality programme? Is it finished yet? 

Nick, you must be a Man Man Manager...

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:15:41 PM »

Martin, if Jules would just get a move on, we could all be.

For example, I intend to give a special virtual reality performance of....'Keep On Crinting' from the Roundhouse, circa 1973. The line up for this will be Ron Howden on drums (as my virtual Terry was incorrectly suffering from concussion having had a keyboard chucked at him by a particularly aggressive virtual John McKenzie), Deke on keyboards (and at Jules's suggestion, subversive posing - thanks, Jules), Martin Ace on tuba and eventually a groggy Terry who, if you've been paying attention elsewhere on this site, you will be aware can do the necessary backing vocals - and has his own synth. And not one belonging to my virtual Clint. (now there's a concept....)

A virtual Ron Sanchez will record it on a virtual single stereo mic and a virtual Spiv will swing around the stage shouting 'I Wrote This...All Of It!'

I have also moved the Roundhouse slightly nearer Chalk Farm tube. It's not a long walk, just a bit nippy on a cold Sunday night. I've also formed a priority queue in Nick's Kebabs (remember him?), no relation. That bulb in the left cubicle of the Gents has now been fixed.

The sooner Jules get his act together, the better I'd say.

Martin Daughton

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
Jules is probably more concerned with his decidedly un-subversive posing pouch (see elsewhere)  :o

Rob the Organ

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:33:10 PM »

Martin, if Jules would just get a move on, we could all be.

For example, I intend to give a special virtual reality performance of....'Keep On Crinting' from the Roundhouse, circa 1973. The line up for this will be Ron Howden on drums (as my virtual Terry was incorrectly suffering from concussion having had a keyboard chucked at him by a particularly aggressive virtual John McKenzie), Deke on keyboards (and at Jules's suggestion, subversive posing - thanks, Jules), Martin Ace on tuba and eventually a groggy Terry who, if you've been paying attention elsewhere on this site, you will be aware can do the necessary backing vocals - and has his own synth. And not one belonging to my virtual Clint. (now there's a concept....)

A virtual Ron Sanchez will record it on a virtual single stereo mic and a virtual Spiv will swing around the stage shouting 'I Wrote This...All Of It!'

I have also moved the Roundhouse slightly nearer Chalk Farm tube. It's not a long walk, just a bit nippy on a cold Sunday night. I've also formed a priority queue in Nick's Kebabs (remember him?), no relation. That bulb in the left cubicle of the Gents has now been fixed.

The sooner Jules get his act together, the better I'd say.

Careful Nick - you might have some of us thinking up a new act called AstroMan featuring a line-up of Ace, Ryan, Ron Howden and Roye Albrighton...

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 11:50:04 PM »
How are you getting on with the Man Virtual Reality programme? Is it finished yet? 

Virtually.
Boldly going.......

Gavin Crumpton

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »

Careful Nick - you might have some of us thinking up a new act called AstroMan featuring a line-up of Ace, Ryan, Ron Howden and Roye Albrighton...

Man or Astroman?

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 12:36:52 AM »
...and wasn't it 'Astral Man'?

Rob the Organ

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 10:14:37 PM »
...and wasn't it 'Astral Man'?

It was indeed. But it would be a cracking band whatever!!