Author Topic: Who The Hell Has Heard of Clydach...?  (Read 1603 times)

Rob W

Who The Hell Has Heard of Clydach...?
« on: August 08, 2016, 03:03:15 PM »
So there I was, first thing Sunday morning, on a car park in Greater Bury, organising a Car Boot Sale, and collecting the payment off the pitches. Having a word with each of them, asking how it's gone etc, chatting with one who says she's going on holiday next week. Where to? I ask. South Wales is the reply. Which part of South Wales I ask. Oh, you wouldn't have heard of it, she says. Go on, try me I say. Clydach near Swansea, I have family there, she says. CLYDACH? CLYDACH?? ( I shout but not too loud) Of course I've heard of Clydach. I have a good pal who lives in Clydach (yes I know, Mikey, you're probably thinking pal is pushing it. Good pal is probably a downright lie.. ;D ). She told me the name of the road but I can't remember it. And I tried to explain the pub we went in but couldn't remember that either. I did tell her that not only do I know that Clydach, but there's another Clydach a few miles East. She was impressed with that. Or just humouring me!

Mike Morgan

Re: Who The Hell Has Heard of Clydach...?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 06:30:11 PM »
Very famous village invsome respects. Check out Clydachs contribution to the bombing of Hiroshima. Really. It's to do with nickel. Really.
 Of course you're a mate Rob, and even a good one after buying me a pint last December. I shall scour the streets listening lout for non local accents and approach them.  I think this is the second time sojething similar has happened to you.

Bit late know, but the pub we went to was the Millers in Ynystawe. Good to hear we're establishing ourselves at the centre of Welsh tourism😊
That yellow hat of yours made an appearance on fbook yesterday. How long have you had it?