Author Topic: "Coloured" vinyl original Revelation and 2oz albums  (Read 4986 times)

Rob the Organ

"Coloured" vinyl original Revelation and 2oz albums
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »
Following all the talk of auto-coupled album sides elsewhere I couldn't resist slipping this one in to see if anybody has so much time on their hands that they bother to check. That said, it is NOT a wind up.

Some PYE LPs from the late sixties and early seventies are actually pressed in very very VERY dark burgundy red vinyl not black. It is almost impossible to tell by looking, but if you hold one up to a light and peer in the general run out groove area, some are translucent red. Not all, only a few.

Martin Daughton

Re: "Coloured" vinyl original Revelation and 2oz albums
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:47:04 PM »
When Jules put that info into the discography I did indeed check and yes, at least one of my discs was deep red, but I can't remember which.
No I am not going to check again today.

Alan Davies

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:16:36 PM »
Dunno about that but I do have Cheap Trick at The Budokan in see through dayglo yellow vinyl. Spotted that straight away!!

lidd63

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 08:55:53 PM »
I just did a search for this as I didn't want to post something that has been done many times before.  My 2 oz of Plastic is on red vinyl too.  You have to hold it up to the light but it's definitely red.  It's on the DAWN record label which I think was a twig on the Pye tree.

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »
Mmmmm, Pye tree.

Gravy boat nearby?
Boldly going.......

halfamix

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 04:42:52 PM »
I'm going to have to check as I have two copies of "2 Ozs......" one on the orange Dawn Label and the other on a white and pink Dawn Label............OK, orange Dawn label is definitely black vinyl but you are totally correct the white and pink dawn label is burgundy if you hold it up to the light!  :) I love things like this being abit of a vinyl nerd  ::)

lidd63

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 10:20:02 PM »
I'll have a look at my 2 oz Bergundy vinyl to see what colour the lable is . . .hang on.   Yep - mine is pinky-white and smiley sun. Oh yes! Deep joy.

Rob W

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
Dunno about that but I do have Cheap Trick at The Budokan in see through dayglo yellow vinyl. Spotted that straight away!!

Snap!!

And my yelolow vynil'd Cheap Trick LPis one of those LP's I purchasred on the basis of ne song.Don't think I coud ever get through listeming  to the whole album.

Awful.

Bit like the colour

Martin Daughton

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 08:45:41 PM »
Snap!!
And my yelolow vynil'd Cheap Trick LPis one of those LP's I purchasred on the basis of ne song.Don't think I coud ever get through listeming  to the whole album.

Let me guess. Was it "I Want You To Want Me" perchance?

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »
Cheap Trick At The Budokan? It's a belter!
Nationsounds - the label that brought you Shake The Nation and raised 1,500 in memory of Micky...

Barry Island

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 11:45:11 AM »
Never got into them. Think it was the Eraserhead haircut the singer had? The film left me severely traumatised or was it the accompanying pharmaceuticals that did that? Will probably never know.
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense