Author Topic: 'Unofficial' Downloads  (Read 2631 times)

Barry Island

'Unofficial' Downloads
« on: February 09, 2017, 08:32:19 PM »
Not 100% comfortable about this but for those of you who want to find a mountain of downloadable Man gigs then there are a lot on a site www.sugarmegs.org . If you look under H there are also a couple of Help Yourself Concerts plus the sessions they did for John Peel. Must admit all the latter sound excellent. The lists are so long on the respective pages be preferred to twiddle your thumbs while they load.
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

Rob W

Re: 'Unofficial' Downloads
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:15:30 PM »
Good shout Baz. I've been plugging Sugarmegs on here ever since Adam was a lad, and Noah was building his Ark (other biblical characters available). Not only is it simple to use, still can't get my head around that Dime thing, but there's loads and loads of stuff. Man in Switzerland on the AGCF  tour for example. Plenty of non Welsh stuff to hear as well.

Barry Island

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:55:43 PM »
Good shout Baz. I've been plugging Sugarmegs on here ever since Adam was a lad, and Noah was building his Ark (other biblical characters available). Not only is it simple to use, still can't get my head around that Dime thing, but there's loads and loads of stuff. Man in Switzerland on the AGCF  tour for example. Plenty of non Welsh stuff to hear as well.
I am always late to the party Rob. Such a treasure trove I am finding some fantastic wheat in the chaff. Have you explored the Internet Archive? Some splendid West Coast stuff on there.
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense

Rob W

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 12:53:55 AM »
Yes I have. Confirmed that John Cipollina and QMS are extremely overrated (dons tin hat and digs deep into trench). Indeed, your other post guiding us to JC, which I dutifully followed (nice tribute from you, there), showed how to ruin Razorblade and Rattlesnake. Am I an ignorant oaf? Great shouts by you though, and all part of my learning process.

Mike Morgan

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 01:25:53 AM »
Of course you're an ignorant oaf☺

I like Happy Trails but wasn't overly fussed on this version of Razorbiade, perhaps due  sound quality.

Jan

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
Wow, what a collection of shows. Bless the good old Grateful Dead who shared their music so generously.