Author Topic: Youtube links to MAN videos  (Read 95260 times)

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
Re: Youtube links to MAN videos
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2009, 08:59:58 PM »
..just found a note from the "uploader"
waffles on about a freind giving him a tape, sound is stereo but hissy, and the songs are "powerful", alternate takes from BITTF, SM, RWL.. plus bonus tracks(?)
Signed barrufet, barcelona, catalonia..

Do you know him Joan?

..oh, I forgot, it's the weekend, no-one reads this till monday.. Time for a beer then..
Virgin places don't mean a thing to people who never bring their hearts along.

Mark Davies

• Man & Deke Leonard Photo Album
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2009, 10:31:55 PM »
  the sound here is also good:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJR-MpTPnpI&feature=related  btw does anybody know how many live versions of blown away are available to hear these days? deke says in his book that they played it at the whiskey in '74...if no one knows the question to this please don't give me the answer,or something like that-from a  new york summer stretching forever into september...

This is still up on Dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=206729

Man, with John Cipollina
Apollo, Glasgow
May 14, 1975
<snip>
7. Blown Away * 6:53
<snip>
* - BBC Sessions, 27/2/74

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2009, 01:19:43 AM »
  -from a  new york summer stretching forever into september...

Just had salt laden winds of 75 mph, burned the leaves off trees, shrubs, and ended the harvest of anything green. Still have tates, parsnips, carrots, beetroot, turnips and sweedes in the ground. Just composted the remains of the lettuce. Tops have gone off the potatoes, time to dig them up.. Loads of windfall apples, plums about. Highest wind so far this year was 78 mph back in february.. It's not the wind that's the problem, it's the salt spray it carries with it.. Exciting..

joan

• Terry Williams and Man pages
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2009, 01:31:36 AM »
Signed barrufet, barcelona, catalonia..
Do you know him Joan?

yes, it's me....  ;D
I had that tape with those titles, no idea where I got it from...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:34:14 AM by joan »

Davey

« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2009, 07:59:55 AM »
  the sound here is also good:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJR-MpTPnpI&feature=related  btw does anybody know how many live versions of blown away are available to hear these days? deke says in his book that they played it at the whiskey in '74...if no one knows the question to this please don't give me the answer,or something like that-from a  new york summer stretching forever into september...

This is still up on Dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=206729

Apollo, Glasgow
May 14, 1975
<snip>
<snip>
    thanks mark, soon i will somehow figure out how to listen to music from dime!...in researching help yourself on the net i have discovered there is a studio version on the return of ken whaley album as well!...
  -from a  new york summer stretching forever into september...

Just had salt laden winds of 75 mph, burned the leaves off trees, shrubs, and ended the harvest of anything green. Still have tates, parsnips, carrots, beetroot, turnips and sweedes in the ground. Just composted the remains of the lettuce. Tops have gone off the potatoes, time to dig them up.. Loads of windfall apples, plums about. Highest wind so far this year was 78 mph back in february.. It's not the wind that's the problem, it's the salt spray it carries with it.. Exciting..
  ...well i wonder where you are.and i also wish i had a green thumb,but i know nothing.i could go off on a tangent right now ,but i won't.it does sound exciting and beautiful in some kind of way, much respect,good luck with the rest of it all...yes new york summer stretches out further than where i grew up in massachusetts,there right after labor day it changes up more noticably...   

Mark Davies

• Man & Deke Leonard Photo Album
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »

Apollo, Glasgow
May 14, 1975
<snip>
<snip>
    thanks mark, soon i will somehow figure out how to listen to music from dime!...in researching help yourself on the net i have discovered there is a studio version on the return of ken whaley album as well!...  ...well i wonder where you are.and i also wish i had a green thumb,but i know nothing.i could go off on a tangent right now ,but i won't.it does sound exciting and beautiful in some kind of way, much respect,good luck with the rest of it all...yes new york summer stretches out further than where i grew up in massachusetts,there right after labor day it changes up more noticably...   

Davey, if you want any help with Dime, bittorrent, flac etc, just email me.

Davey

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »
thanks mark.once a few things settle down on the homefront i'll probably take you up on that! -peace-

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »
No really a  video but curious if the pictured album exists. Anyone know?

I haven't got a copy of this specific CD, Mr Rover, but I theoretically have all the individual sessions. Jah help us if in fact these are different to any of the tracks I've got, the world would have to be stopped from rotating whilst I seek 'em out which I think is reasonable in the circumstances. The question is....is the version of 'ATF' the Clint one recorded 6 Feb 1973 (broadcast 9 Mar on 'In Sequence' and 13 April on 'Sounds Of The Seventies') or the Tweke one recorded 18 September 1973 (broadcast 29 Sept on 'Top Gear')?

The earlier one is from the time when the band decided to bring the song back into the set, having initially dropped it as more songs from 'BGTY' came on stream. This version featured our Clint on lead vocals as well as bass. Does quite a good job too, he's got a great voice. Once Clint left and the band became a 4 piece, they dropped it again. It was then re-introduced with the arrival of Tweke, with Sir Will of Youatt back on lead vocals but this time playing bass rather than guitar. They got there in the end...

Both sessions were recorded at Langham Studios.

And Jules - none of this was bouncing! 
'The Adventures Of The Celia Gang' digital download charity album for Micky available from the dedicated page on my website http://www.nicknation.co.uk/CeliaGang.html, note the CD has now sold out

Iowerth Pritchard

« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »
As you suspected Mr Nation you do have all the individual sessions on this 'CD' as they are all BBC Radio One Session recordings from 1980's rebroadcasts.  The only difference is that all have been treated with a ton of reverb - possibly to make them sound slightly more polished and therefore appear as studio outtakes, which they definitely aren't. 

So for the record ANIDB/ATF are from 18/9/73, DAN/MACBFGU/HWTD are from 31/10/74, and SC/R are from 27/2/74.  'Blown Away' (as heard on the YouTube video) is also from 27/2/74 but is not on the original DaD torrent.

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2009, 10:57:56 PM »
The only difference is that all have been treated with a ton of reverb...

Aaaaargh! Not much of a treat, Mr P!

I wish people wouldn't do things like that. 'Stereo Enhancer', that's another one. Buttons that shouldn't be used by people who shouldn't be using them. Me, for example.
'The Adventures Of The Celia Gang' digital download charity album for Micky available from the dedicated page on my website http://www.nicknation.co.uk/CeliaGang.html, note the CD has now sold out

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2009, 12:57:09 AM »
And Jules - none of this was bouncing! 

Glad to hear it.

There seem to be a number of factors that all have to combine before things start to bounce. Your browser choice, the number of rows in the message, the number of characters in the message, the % width of the text entry box, the juxtaposition of Venus, Mars and Jupiter, whether there's a 't' in the day, your stimulation level. I'm sure normal bouncing will be resumed over the next few posts. Especially if over-reverbed and stereo-enhanced.
Boldly going.......

Martin Daughton

« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »
Buttons that shouldn't be used by people who shouldn't be using them.

Nation, you're barkin' :-*

Seconded!

Davey

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2009, 05:44:11 AM »

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2009, 02:22:53 PM »
Micky, Will and Tweke with The Penetrators: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=52525207 with Stuart Halliday (Alkatraz) on drums and Dai Rees on vox.

Think I've played MJ's solo about 7 zillion times now.

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2009, 12:10:08 AM »
..is that Tweekie too?

Dai Rees - Mr Calendar - THEIVING BASTARD..
Sent him ?3.00 for the "Balls up and snorting" tape as advertised in TWC issue 17 (ish), cashed me cheque but I never got the tape (until Rodger "Roadie" Hoodless did me a copy).. ..but I don't hold a grudge.. Last I heard, he was doing cruises in spain..