Author Topic: Gigs you wished you had walked out but stayed to the end  (Read 1111 times)

Jon M

Gigs you wished you had walked out but stayed to the end
« on: November 01, 2018, 03:30:26 PM »
How about ACDC in 1978, awful heavy metal and not even Angus mooning saved it.

Dr Feelgood in the same era but there was no chance as they were done in 25 minutes leaving the stage to the chant of Feelgood are w+nkers

Rob W

Re: Gigs you wished you had walked out but stayed to the end
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 03:58:57 PM »
How about ACDC in 1978, awful heavy metal and not even Angus mooning saved it.

Oh dear!

Are you there, Bob?

Bob??

Booooob???? 

;D

Campbell

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 03:48:13 PM »
Jefferson Starship at Paris Olympia.Maybe in 2006.One of the worst shows of my life.Very difficult because I am a great fan of Jefferson Airplane,Jefferson Starship,Hot Tuna.Support act for the show was Poco,who were just superb.They looked delighted to be playing a prestige venue.Sadly Jefferson Starship sounded just dreadful ,totally unrehearsed ,not at all together.The late Paul Kantner was drinking vodka neat from a bottle ..looking like he really couldn't care less....
A few years prior to this I had seen Jefferson Starship at Shepherd's Bush Empire and that had been one of the best gigs ever.The late Marty Balin was with them and Mr Kantner played acoustic all evening ,smoking joints on stage.They performed "Have you seen the Stars tonight"? from Blows against the Empire and it was wonderful.
Olympia was a sit down event and many walked out ...I wish I had joined them

Campbell

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 04:04:22 PM »
Jefferson Starship at Paris Olympia.Maybe in 2006.One of the worst shows of my life.Very difficult because I am a great fan of Jefferson Airplane,Jefferson Starship,Hot Tuna.Support act for the show was Poco,who were just superb.They looked delighted to be playing a prestige venue.Sadly Jefferson Starship sounded just dreadful ,totally unrehearsed ,not at all together.The late Paul Kantner was drinking vodka neat from a bottle ..looking like he really couldn't care less....
A few years prior to this I had seen Jefferson Starship at Shepherd's Bush Empire and that had been one of the best gigs ever.The late Marty Balin was with them and Mr Kantner played acoustic all evening ,smoking joints on stage.They performed "Have you seen the Stars tonight"? from Blows against the Empire and it was wonderful.
Olympia was a sit down event and many walked out ...I wish I had joined them
Just checked,the Paris Olympia show with Poco was 2005,my memory wasn't too far out