Author Topic: King Crimson  (Read 9476 times)

Michael Heatley

Re: King Crimson
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2019, 01:23:00 AM »
Their tee shirts are 25!

Jon M

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2019, 12:20:15 PM »
Too many versions already?
I think so, yes, i love the idea of these box sets with extra tracks and the stories behind them and it is interesting listening to them the first few times but then that is it for me, back to the original unless the extras are live shows with different arrangements/versions.

I also think that Fripp has overdone it ;the definitive mix, 30th Anniversary, 40 anniversary, box set, 50th anniversary; what can be left? 

Perhaps there is a new theme ; 'box sets that i still listen to'

j   

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2019, 01:48:38 PM »
Too many versions already?
I think so, yes, i love the idea of these box sets with extra tracks and the stories behind them and it is interesting listening to them the first few times but then that is it for me, back to the original unless the extras are live shows with different arrangements/versions.

I also think that Fripp has overdone it ;the definitive mix, 30th Anniversary, 40 anniversary, box set, 50th anniversary; what can be left? 

Perhaps there is a new theme ; 'box sets that i still listen to'

j   

Bottom line is that fans aren't obliged to buy everything. (There are fans who feel so obliged; personally, I think they need to get out more.)  In any event, the recent KC boxsets have been overflowing with live shows, both audio and video. And Crimson have always been a band who have improvised on stage.  The Heaven & Earth set also promises to include all the ProjeKCt recordings that took place during this period.  And the chance to hear the albums in high resolution is not to be missed.

The two boxes due for release this year will complete the set of KC's studio work and I'll be completing the set.  But the boxes can certainly be described as definitive views of each era of the band.
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Mike Cross

• BSFA, Cipollina & Kurihara, Hull SF Group
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »

THEO TRAVIS JOINS KING CRIMSON: https://www.dgmlive.com/news/Theo%20Travis%20joins%20King%20Crimson

The page also has some info & pictures about the April 6th King Crimson Media Event, and info about, & a clip from, a new documentary, Cosmic FuKC by Toby Amies about the band, to be released in the autumn.

Cosmic FuKC, "Prog rock pond scum set to bum you out": https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=MbYTvFNv-Xo (RF being as clear as always  :) )

King Crimson to Begin Streaming Entire Studio Catalog: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/king-crimson-albums-streaming-spotify-818686/