Author Topic: Bohemian Rhapsody film  (Read 755 times)

Campbell

Bohemian Rhapsody film
« on: December 30, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »
Well, I downloaded this film from the net---I know I admit to being a naughty pirate-  was expecting the film to be rather mediocre and most surprised ,I thought it was brilliant and yes I really should have gone to see it at the cinema..A little bit Spinal Tap at times but well worth watching...The recreation of Live Aid --just brilliant.
A very very slight Man connection in that Roy Thomas Baker producer of Rhinos Winos and Lunatics was also producer of Queen for a fair chunk of their career.

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
Re: Bohemian Rhapsody film
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »
The great majority is based on incidents that happened, but the timeline is interfered with more than a little. It was done mostly to have the film climax with the stunning Live Aid re-creation.

Queen had not been off the road for the period before Live Aid as the film implies. They'd played the Rio gig just a month or two before - they were far from ring rusty.

And it was 1989 when Mercury told the others he had Aids. At the time of Live Aid he might have known he was HIV Positive but it's reckoned to be 1987 when he was confirmed with Aids.

Regardless, it was a great movie.
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........