Author Topic: What Is The Most Warped Record You Have Owned?  (Read 1337 times)

Rob W

What Is The Most Warped Record You Have Owned?
« on: November 28, 2018, 04:37:20 AM »
As suggested in the King Crimson thread by...errr...me!

Mine is the Robin Trower Live LP,  warped so much I'd get dizzy watching the needle riding the oscillating black plastic like a champion surfer on the coast of Australia (or Torquay apparently). Purchased in that condition from Robinsons Records, Blackfriars Street, Manchester, some time in the mid 70's. There was also a wavey 'W' scratched into the surface. God knows why I didn't take it back. Probably couldn't afford the bus fare back into town. I still have the LP.

Tel

Re: What Is The Most Warped Record You Have Owned?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 05:21:45 AM »
I had a copy of Cream - Goodbye which had a buckle the was so bad I could actually get my little finger between the vinyl and the turntable.

A few years ago I located a copy of the 1970's CBS triple LP sampler "The Music People" in a second hand shop in Brentwood and was overjoyed as I had been trying to track it down for ages. Got it home and went to work the following day leaving it in a position where it got exposed to the sun and one of the disks got warped. Fortunately it didn't affect the tracks I wanted it for but it made the Blood, Sweat And Tears song "Go Down Gamblin'" a surrealistic jazz experience when I played it!!  :-[

peterclarkson

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 10:47:09 AM »
Ogdens Nut Gone Flake - left it on my Dansette record player in the sun with the lid open.
Apart from that, Kinky Boots by Patrick MacNee was pretty warped.

Barry Island

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 11:20:06 PM »
Nils Lofgren bootleg - not so much a warp but a depression the size of a florin ( age appropriate currency reference) and depth of half albumís depth rest was fine.
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense