Author Topic: It was twenty years ago today.........well, this year, to be more accurate.  (Read 1704 times)

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
This 23rd December marks the 20th anniversary of that fateful day when some of us agreed to meet up in the Bank Statement in Wind Street to reveal the real people hiding behind our cyber-identities, before eating (curry, of course) and then heading to The Railmen's Institute to see Man in all their glory.

The Bank Statement is certainly still there, although I'm not sure about the restaurant we went to.  I'd be inclined towards agreeing with the rumours that it was never the same after we descended on it.  The Railmen's Institute is still there, although it's immediate surroundings are radically changed with the City Gates development providing a hotel and additional restaurants.   

Every year since then I've been down to Wales in December when there has been a show on.  I was overjoyed when George picked up the baton after Micky's death and has kept the tradition going.

This year's show will on Saturday 14th December and I'll be there. It would be great to make this another Jolly Boy's Outing where as many as possible can join in to enjoy the music and to celebrate this notable anniversary.

Maybe Rob might even get his tapes back  ;) 8)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 05:40:07 PM by Allan Heron »
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Tel

You had to mention the tapes.  ;)

Yes, it's been a while since I shifted my carcass from the confines of Essex - sounds like a good idea though it will depend on many things but I have tentatively pencilled it in.

Tel

Rob W

Personal reasons unfortunately means I haven't done the Xmas gig for 2 or is it 3 years. But Tel, if you are going, shout it loud please, cos I will definitely go.

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
Circumstances permitting, I'll be there this year.
Boldly going.......

Andrew P

Re: It was twenty years ago today.........well, this year, to be more accurate.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 10:13:45 PM »
Yes, as you say, circumstances permitting. I was AWOL last year due to circumstances. Hoping to make it this year. The JBO re-enactment sounds like a good idea.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.