Author Topic: MOTT THE HOOPLE  (Read 1079 times)

Campbell

MOTT THE HOOPLE
« on: April 21, 2019, 07:38:18 PM »
I have been reading on the net where the 1974 version of Mott is currently back on the road.
I saw Ian Hunter performing about 14 years ago at a club on the outskirts of Paris..It was a good but not brilliant show he had Mick Ralphs with him on lead guitar .We got treated to I think all the main hits--All the Way from Memphis,All the Young Dudes,The Golden Age of Rock and Roll etc
Hard (for me) to believe that Ian Hunter turns 80 very shortly.Good on Ian Hunter at his late age getting out there and doing good live music
So if I was in Uk I would be there

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
Re: MOTT THE HOOPLE
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 10:46:39 PM »
Saw them last night at the Barrowlands Ballroom in Glasgow.

Superb show. It's really Hunter's Rant Band supplemented by Ariel Bender and Morgan Fisher. I'd quipped that it was really Nott The Hoople.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better triple encore than All The Way From Memphis/Saturday Gigs/All The Young Dudes.

A two hour ten minute show ain't bad for a singer two months shy of 80.
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Tel

Re: MOTT THE HOOPLE
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 07:38:20 AM »
Overend Watts died a couple of years ago, Buffin had early-onset Alzheimer's disease and died the year before and Mick Ralphs apparently had a stroke after playing with Bad Company in 2016 so a full blown re-union is probably not on the cards. (I seem to recall that Verden Allen had previously said he wasn't interested in any further re-unions).

Allan - You probably got as near as you're gonna get now.

Tel