Author Topic: Scrolling gig list  (Read 589 times)

George Jones

Scrolling gig list
« on: May 17, 2019, 08:40:24 PM »
I was wondering why Son of MAN/Green Ray/Rostock and other associated acts are not mentioned in the scrolling gig list anymore, it used to feature anyone connected with the band at one time, now not so much?

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
Re: Scrolling gig list
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 10:00:58 AM »
Fair question George.

Two reasons.

1. None of the acts covered ever made any attempt to directly let me know what their tour and event plans were, so getting reliable information was always rather hit and miss (and frequently late). Footfall at the Archive has declined substantially over recent years, overtaken mainly by Facebook pages maintained by the acts in question, where followers can get more dynamic information first hand.

2. It became increasingly difficult to decide what should be included and what shouldn't. With multiple main and side-projects involving people who at one time or another have had a direct or indirect connection with Man, deciding where to draw the line had me regularly scratching my head.

In 2016 I decided to stop trying to chase my tail and focus simply on Man. Sanity restored.
Boldly going.......

Rob W

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 09:38:10 AM »
Fair question George.

Two reasons

1. None of the acts covered ever made any attempt to directly let me know what their tour and event plans were, so getting reliable information was always rather hit and miss (and frequently late). Footfall at the Archive has declined substantially over recent years, overtaken mainly by Facebook pages maintained by the acts in question, where followers can get more dynamic information first hand.

Hi Jules. Nothing sinister, just wondering. Do any members of Man "directly" let you know of their gigs? 

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 11:12:03 AM »
Martin used to, while he was still UK based. Not so much these days.

For Man information I tend to rely on updates being added to the Official Man Facebook Musician/Group page, which I think James is looking after:

https://www.facebook.com/ManTheBandOfficial/

Also, sometimes, information about Man gets posted on the Man Facebook group, which I think George is still looking after:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3349705164/
Boldly going.......

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:39:29 AM »
I'd like to see Son Of Man gigs listed - after all, of all the acts mentioned, it's only George who regularly contributes to this group and I'm sure he would keep us up to date.

Mary Mod

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 08:57:22 PM »
GREEN RAY SON OF MAN  and  Roger Hoodless of ROSTOCK have Facebook pages too.  Be nice if they were included on the scrolling gig list as they used to be. 

Olly Goodwin

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »
Hi Jules,
Thanks for keeping the forum running. I would love it if you would add SoM, Green Ray and Malcolm's gigs to the scrolling list.
I don't think any other former members of Man are regularly gigging, are they ? This would depend on each of them giving you the right info. I believe our favourite musicians deserve all the exposure and bodies at gigs that can be achieved. Green Ray I think embody the spirit of 70's Man ( and of course Help Yourself) and deserve a bending of the rules currently lacking a member of Man due to Ken's involuntary absence ( but Plug on drums sometimes is a connection to the Man family!). If it is too much time to sort it out, fair enough, I am bowled over by how many hours you put into this site - a real labour of love. Also, you are right, we can regularly check each of the respective Facebook pages, but we Man fans I think, if nothing else, have proved that we are a lazy lot. Proof of this is that I haven't visited the forum for a couple of months since changing my PC and it wasn't in my favourites list yet.....

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 03:08:43 PM »
All. Please refer to my reply to George above.
Boldly going.......