Author Topic: Sat 26 Oct: SON OF MAN + Lethbridge Owen & jam at Boom Boom Club/Sutton United  (Read 329 times)

Nigelbb

It's short notice but I just had an email from Pete Feenstra who organises all sorts of interesting gigs round London.

KEEPING THE MAN MUSIC HERITAGE ALIVE.......Please do join us for a memorable evening of MAN music with special guests Lethbridge Owen, who feature the stunning guitarist Jimmy Owen, who might jam with George Jones...sparks will fly!
SON OF MAN, THE TRUE SPIRIT OF MAN, celebrate both Walesís greatest prog rock and psychedelic band MAN and their enduring legacy, when George Jones (son of Micky Jones - the founding member of Welsh psychedelic rock band MAN) and fellow MAN drummer Bob Richards team up with an all star band to keep the MAN musical dynasty alive.
"One of the last things my father ever said to me was: itís up to you now to keep my music alive.Ē
They play a mixture of MAN classics and original material from their debut CD on Esoteric. You can expect: Bananas, Many Are Called Up, Címon, Spunk Rock, Romain etc.
The full band line-up is as follows: George Jones - Guitar/Vocals (Man), Bob Richards - Drums/Vocals (MAN, ASIA, Graham Bonnet, Shy), Richie Galloni - Vocals (Sassafras), Ray Jones - Bass/Vocals (Sassafras), Marco James - Keys/Vocals (Sassafras), Glenn Quinn - Guitar/Vocals (Tigertailz) 
special guests LETHBRIDGE OWEN is a mid 70's Fleetwood Mac meets Tedeschi Trucks style west coast influenced band. Think brilliantly harmonies, psychedleic guitar and great songs.
Doors 7.30pm, show 8.10pm
www.feenstra.co.uk

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
Health permitting, I shall be there. Also....it's Peter Stradling on bass now.

Nigelbb

Unfortunately it's too short notice for us so I am disappointed not to be able to make it. I've attended a couple of gigs there including Son of Man when they last played there. It's a nice venue in Sutton FC social club complete with mirror ball in the ceiling. Get there early & grab a seat & ideally a table.

Dave Bardsley

Tickets booked (it's been on Pete's list for some time now).  Transport fixed.  Bring it on... 

Olly Goodwin

I'll be there. IT would be good to say hi to anyone from the forum......

happytrails

• One of many Tragic Creatures who loves his bananas
Great to meet you last night Olly.
Sure was a fun night and the guys were on fire...bit of an understatement really.

Haggar

Any video of this gig? Sounds like it was a blast. haha