Author Topic: Son of MAN - STATE OF DYSTOPIA out today!!!!  (Read 344 times)

George Jones

Son of MAN - STATE OF DYSTOPIA out today!!!!
« on: March 27, 2020, 11:00:20 AM »
'State of Dystopia' - the new album from Son of Man is availible today worldwide...

👉 https://smarturl.it/SonOfManSOD

Mike Cross

• BSFA, Cipollina & Kurihara, Hull SF Group
Re: Son of MAN - STATE OF DYSTOPIA out today!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 02:22:44 PM »
Many thanks to George & the rest of the band.

My pre-order from Cherry Red just dropped through the letterbox  :) :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:24:17 PM by Mike Cross »

Arjayay

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 10:09:37 PM »
I'd just like to congratulate SoM on their second album - a significant move forward, with fine tunes, lyrics and harmonies.  No. it's not a "classic Man" album, the band has moved on, but there are still signs of their roots (without any Walruses or Kangaroos, although there is a "feeding time)
I suspect the band is gutted that they can't be on the road promoting it, so I urge any board members who haven't got a copy to support the band by buying it - yes it is on Spotify, but what is more appropriate at the moment than actually having a "State of dystopia"
(With such foresight in choosing album titles, please don't call the next album "End of the world", or something even more apocalyptic)

akko

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 02:24:57 AM »
I agree with Arjayay. A fine follow up to the first album. A good sound with clear vocals and guitars and  a big Bob Richards drum sound driving the whole album along.  It is not like any Man album. It's  just a decent rock album.

However, I think maybe the album suffers from too much democracy and diversity. Too many singers perhaps.

Three songs each from George, Marco and Glenn and one from Richie, and all have their merits, but I would like to have heard Richie sing every track, and give the album a bit more cohesion.

Great ending to the album though.

George Jones

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »
Richie sings every track, bar 'Reign of Yesterday' I think the rest of the band would be flattered if people thought they sounded half as good as Richie  ;)

akko

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 10:39:14 PM »
Wow. I'm amazed. I honestly thought Glenn and yourself sang more of the songs George. Apologies to Richie.

Rob W

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 11:45:05 PM »
Arrived today!! Ordered yonks ago, possibly one of the first to pre order, but thanks to Jenny at Cherry Red for her help.

Only listened once. Obviously we have nods to Man with Conscience, and Drivin' Around in the last track.  But did I notice a few references to Deke in 'what the man says'?

Terry

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »
I am really enjoying the album its such a shame that they can't get out there to promote it