Author Topic: Any news from Michael Heatley?  (Read 689 times)

Campbell

Any news from Michael Heatley?
« on: January 21, 2021, 03:08:05 PM »
A belated Happy New Year everyone.  I'm not sure this topic is right for this part of the Forum.Does anyone have any news from Michael Heatley?Back in the mid-1990s now and again I would call the Man information line  which was fun. Michael organised it and I think he did a good job.He was always there at any of the gigs in the London area.Anyone any news..I hope he is okay.

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
Re: Any news from Michael Heatley?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 05:29:28 PM »
Yes, Michael is fine and enjoying his semi-retirement. Last spoke with him on Monday last week. Others may have been in touch more recently. 
Boldly going.......

Rob W

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 04:33:00 PM »
If this was a game of Call My Bluff, I'm afraid Jules's reply is a Bluff. The true reply is that it was last heard that Michael Heatley was a castaway on a desert island, exact location unknown. He has grown a beard, it reaches down to his knees. He's living off fish caught from the sea and coconuts. He was alone on the island, but has made a friend. Literally. It's a basketball, washed up onshore in a FedEx box. He painted a face on the ball and has called it Deke Jones. He plays his  bass guitar (only 4 strings cos he can't count as far as 6) to the ball, and pretends it applauds. Stranded on a desert island is not pleasant but it's Karma. Payback time. I too used to phone that Man telephone line, but from work. When the statement came in they were distraught. Not because the premium line cost a lot, not because they thought it was one of those naughty sex chat lines....when they found out  they were paying all that money just so that I could listen to the dulcet tones of Heatley, they had me sectioned!!
This ladies and gentlemen is the True answer ☺️
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:35:10 PM by Rob W »

Dave Bardsley

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 12:27:56 PM »
Last time I saw Michael Heatley he was screened alongside that basketball with a face painted on it, which bore a striking resemblance to Rob Woolfe.  Both appeared to be well. Well...