Author Topic: Enquiry  (Read 500 times)

Geoff

Enquiry
« on: December 30, 2021, 10:12:51 PM »
Hi all,
As a new member, can i thank you for letting me register, i have been a man fan since 1970 and have seen them many times in the early seventies and the last time was 1998 for the 30th Anniversary tour at Colne municipal hall, think there was about 10 people there. i still have the pink flyer. I also have several copies of the TWC gloss outer, and the paper newsletter ones. I do not wish to part with them at this time, but if anyone wants a scan of any, i will oblige. Looking forward to seeing them again in Derby in March at the Flowerpot.
Tke care and stay safe.

Rob W

Re: Enquiry
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 10:35:09 PM »
Hi Geoff, unfortunately this forum is not the hive of activity it used to be. If you do FB, you'll be as well to join in the discussions there, though not as much fun as this forum was.
Some fabulous pages to look at within the Manband Archive. Don't think it's only the forum. Jules does an awesome job.

Interesting you mention Colne. I was there and there's been  mention of that gig on this forum. A sort while previous to the gig, I was at Colne to see Niks Lofgren. When the gig was announced, I was bouncing with joy. Man at Colne  Municipal Hall rather than the pubs with postage stamp size stages. Could not wait. Arrived on the night, main doors locked shut, did I have the wrong day? I spot a side door open, investigate, lady on the door tells me the gig's in the bar! Talk about jaw to the floor.
I'm not a lover of the Flowerpot but I'm sure it'll be a good un. Do I presume you're near Colne? I'm in Lancs. Good luck, see you around  :)

boywonder

Re: Enquiry
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 03:48:09 AM »
G'day Geoff & Rob, just seen your posts about the 1998 Colne Municipal Hall gig.  I have lived in Australia since 2003 but still have happy memories of seeing Man in the 70's through 90's.
I was also at that gig and recall it had been moved into the downstairs bar beneath the main hall. There was certainly a lot more than 10 people, around 150 crammed in trying to get served at the bar. Remember squeezing out the door at half time to get a breather!  It was the tour that introduced Bob Richards to the fans as I remember wondering who on earth was up there playing drums. Bought a couple of CD's from the sales stall afterwards. Could have been a disaster but turned into a good night.