Author Topic: Kingdom Of Noise is here!  (Read 38843 times)

Martyn Jones

Re: Kingdom Of Noise is here!
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2009, 06:23:30 PM »
Just got my copy of KON not from vocieprint ,I bought my copy 2nd hand from Rebound in York all for ?9.00. It has not taken long to hit the 2nd hand cd shops I will have a listern with an open mind post my thoughts later

Mark Oakley

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2009, 01:20:41 PM »
It does definitely grow on you. Actually I really like Steal The World, Kingdom, Speak and Dissolve Into Despair...but you can't help wondering what magic Micky would have weaved into any one or all of these? I do love the fact that almost every new Man album down the years (bar the live ones and perhaps two of the studio albums) have proved anything but predictable. This one is no exception in that respect.

steve patti

« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2009, 11:29:50 PM »
Have not been on for awhile but interesting to read reviews and comments
of latest offering.Having put so much in to the band over the years i am
disappointed to say that i dont get to hear the new albums but i have heard the downtown blues live recording.I found the new material very weak,the
giutar died away just as it was starting to sound promising,josh's vocals weak
but Ryan added something.The ebd of the show was starting to buzz and it could get better as the gigs go on.With regards to the Coal Exchange concert thr recording is as good as anything i have ever seen of man and if
there was enough interest i would releaase it.It would be interesting to hear Dekes views on the new album if hes heard it
steve

Rob W

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2009, 12:25:58 AM »
.With regards to the Coal Exchange concert thr recording is as good as anything i have ever seen of man and if
there was enough interest i would releaase it.

I presume this refers to the DVD?

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2009, 01:00:51 AM »
.With regards to the Coal Exchange concert thr recording is as good as anything i have ever seen of man and if
there was enough interest i would releaase it.

I presume this refers to the DVD?

Almost certainly a reference to the audio recording which I'd welcome a release of.

I'd heard the video was entirely ruined by some drunken Scottish oaf dancing about in front of the stage.  Can't think who that might have been........ 8)
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Rob W

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2009, 02:49:48 AM »

"Almost certainly a reference to the audio recording which I'd welcome a release of."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the Rt Hon steve patti said this was as good as anything he had "seen" from Man. An audio recording would have been 'heard'. Or am I being a pedantic git? 

I'd heard the video was entirely ruined by some drunken Scottish oaf dancing about in front of the stage.  Can't think who that might have been........ 8)
[/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The dancing bloke in the Marquee video/DVD made a valiant attempt to ruin that one. But thinking about it, yes I agree, the drunken Scottish oaf takes the cigar.  :)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:51:31 AM by Rob W »

Martyn Jones

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »
I have had KON for aweek now and one thing is very clearit lacks guitar work few solo's and what there is is low down in the mix, some of the songs are ok Shadow of the hand, Steal the world, Iceflowers & Dissolve into Depair but they do seem to have that rushed feel to them. I can see how fans are divided the one who are left,they can not go on much longer only playing to 90/100 fans in venues that hold 200 as these days venues want them full its all about cash it always has been. I have read Gavins posts I do feel he sould come out and let us know what happened as we the fans have paid for KON by buying Effigy cd/dvd which I have enjoyed. I lool forward Son of Man and will still go and see man if the come north of Birmingham which I hope they do. A point to ponder my 17 year old son said on hearing Russian roulette Dan never say the Artic Monkey's make a niose agian!!! If you wish to speak with him on the matter of the Manband visit face book

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »
....I do feel he sould come out and let us know what happened.....

Hmmm...as much as I like hearing gossip, I rather think we should let the music do the talking and I therefore suggest y'all have a listen here: http://www.myspace.com/georgejonesuk
'The Adventures Of The Celia Gang' digital download charity album for Micky available from the dedicated page on my website http://www.nicknation.co.uk/CeliaGang.html, note the CD has now sold out

Mike Burgess

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2009, 10:41:51 AM »
....I do feel he sould come out and let us know what happened.....

Hmmm...as much as I like hearing gossip, I rather think we should let the music do the talking and I therefore suggest y'all have a listen here: http://www.myspace.com/georgejonesuk

I have to agree. Whats done is done, and people have their opinions on whats happened, some more informed by involvement in the bands sphere, than others. We all seem respect each others points of view on this board, and long may that continue.
Am waiting for a copy of KON to arrive to make a more  objective view on all the tracks which I will probably keep to myself. ;)

Rob the Organ

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2009, 02:49:07 AM »

The dancing bloke in the Marquee video/DVD made a valiant attempt to ruin that one. But thinking about it, yes I agree, the drunken Scottish oaf takes the cigar.  :)

At least he's not one-eyed.....

Mike Burgess

« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2009, 09:26:09 AM »
After giving KON a few listens now. I can safely say.....

It has a bit of the essence of all that Man has been before, but is most definitely something new.
Along with other commentators here, if it had been released under anything other than the Manband name it may well have been more highly regarded.

It has its own feel,  a bit disjointed perhaps, but mellow in parts.

I think its been too damned wth faint praise. It does seem unfinished, which is understandable given the circumstances of its creation.
Some germs of good songs there,  the category of which 'chuffin like a muffin' is not included in.

It may get the (Very) occasional spin.
would still be interested to accidently see them live.