Author Topic: NEW Youtube videos: Asylum, Kangaroo, Map of India and Women !!  (Read 14378 times)

Mark Davies

• Man & Deke Leonard Photo Album
Re: NEW Youtube videos: Asylum, Kangaroo, Map of India and Women !!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 11:14:06 PM »
Be truthful, even though 'Map of India' isn't one of Deke's greatest songs...do you like me find yourself humming it for no particular reason (over and over again) and at the oddest times with a vision of a totally mad Welsh male voice choir as the image in your mind....priceless.....and no doubt the reason it was chosen as a single....might have subliminally affected a whole generation.....
Can't agree with the first statement. Always liked of "Map of India"........

Rob W

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 11:19:36 PM »

Hi Rob, Even though, I might have had to much wine with my dinner today, I stand by my earlier posting.....next mortgage you sell.... you'll be humming it.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey John, just did one today, over the phone, submitted online, all done and dusted.

"I've got a Map of Indiaaaaa, on my wuuuulllll, some of us got dreams left, some of us have nothing at aaaalllll, and me I don't know which side of the wall I faaaalll...........   dum de dum de dum......................"

A tv producer as well living in that underdeveloped plot of land which hosts the Heron and Tuck meisters and that sorry excuse of a ferry not in Renfrew :)

bounce bounce boing boing
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:21:48 PM by Rob W »

John Bannon

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 11:33:20 PM »
Be truthful, even though 'Map of India' isn't one of Deke's greatest songs...do you like me find yourself humming it for no particular reason (over and over again) and at the oddest times with a vision of a totally mad Welsh male voice choir as the image in your mind....priceless.....and no doubt the reason it was chosen as a single....might have subliminally affected a whole generation.....

Hi Mark, Do you roam your house wearing a beret and string of onions around your neck, as you sing this song to yourself.......I think I've seen you somewhere before.

John Bannon

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 11:36:17 PM »

Hi Rob, Even though, I might have had to much wine with my dinner today, I stand by my earlier posting.....next mortgage you sell.... you'll be humming it.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey John, just did one today, over the phone, submitted online, all done and dusted.

"I've got a Map of Indiaaaaa, on my wuuuulllll, some of us got dreams left, some of us have nothing at aaaalllll, and me I don't know which side of the wall I faaaalll...........   dum de dum de dum......................"

A tv producer as well living in that underdeveloped plot of land which hosts the Heron and Tuck meisters and that sorry excuse of a ferry not in Renfrew :)

bounce bounce boing boing

When are you coming over, could do with not getting a word in edgeways ( only joking).....

Mark Davies

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 01:15:14 AM »

Hi Mark, Do you roam your house wearing a beret and string of onions around your neck, as you sing this song to yourself.......I think I've seen you somewhere before.
Damn. My secret is out. Mon ami. La plume de ma tante.

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
Hmmm, I'd have 'MOI' amongst my favourite Deke songs...shame it was left off the 'BYVE' album.

....bounce bounce boing boing.....

As in perhaps?
Nationsounds - the label that brought you Shake The Nation and raised 1,500 in memory of Micky...

Mark Davies

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 04:41:17 PM »
Hmmm, I'd have 'MOI' amongst my favourite Deke songs...shame it was left off the 'BYVE' album.

....bounce bounce boing boing.....

As in perhaps?

I spent five minutes trying to get the French joke, before I realised that MOI was "Map Of India" and not "moi?"   ???

Rob W

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 11:22:22 PM »

As in perhaps?

Sm*rt *rs* 

Hey whilst you're on. guess what I've been doing?  Painting a couple of sub teams. Took 'er indoors out yesterday to a garden centre type thing which she's into.  Got nothing for her,  the only thing we brought was some humbrol paint and a couple of brushes. Just waiting for the yellow to dry then I'm putting the black stripes on. Quality.

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 01:20:17 AM »

..left in to brighten the place up!!

Just waiting for the yellow to dry then I'm putting the black stripes on. Quality.
Watford?
Virgin places don't mean a thing to people who never bring their hearts along.

Rob W

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »

..left in to brighten the place up!!

Just waiting for the yellow to dry then I'm putting the black stripes on. Quality.
Watford?

Close, but you don't get the cigar....The RWX1

Recreating the all conquering subbuteo team of the 70's in our unique yellow and black striped shirts, white shorts. And to make it Man related ish, and true, George Jones (ex Bury) was centre forward until being replaced by Ted Macdougall (ex Bnmth) in about 1973

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 01:30:27 PM »
...And to make it Man related ish, and true, George Jones (ex Bury) was centre forward until being replaced by Ted Macdougall (ex Bnmth) in about 1973

Is that when he married Tammy Wynette? It seems funny now, but not everybody realised what she meant when she did 'Stand By Your Man'. Ho Hum. She thinks I still care!

Sounds good, Rob. Wish I knew where my chaps were...I do recall trying to give them characteristics, even if it only went as far as making some blond/ginger....quite fancy a Rene Higuita, even non-footie types might appreciate some stylish goalkeeping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCxe4r6SjH0

Nationsounds - the label that brought you Shake The Nation and raised 1,500 in memory of Micky...

mikes

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
My god, Higuita!

He played in the Columbian team together with a Midfielder a German reporter introduced as follows (I'm translating here): "Do you see the guy with the bog brush on his head? That's Carlos Valderrama."

joan

• Terry Williams and Man pages
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
I'm uploading MOI to Megaupload for you to download.
Don't expect a DVD quality...
Women couldn't be uploaded to DIME as it appears on official recording.

Is this MOI version (with the male choir) available anywhere?  ???
It's not on Before your very eyes, Unfinished business and I think it's not on Wireless either.

joan

• Terry Williams and Man pages
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 06:24:39 PM »
Here you have Map of India (102 MB) for download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8C3A54AG

John Bannon

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 06:38:55 PM »
I'm uploading MOI to Megaupload for you to download.
Don't expect a DVD quality...
Women couldn't be uploaded to DIME as it appears on official recording.

Is this MOI version (with the male choir) available anywhere?  ???
It's not on Before your very eyes, Unfinished business and I think it's not on Wireless either.

Hi Joan, I think the male voice choir backing was only recorded for this show, the version on Cassette/CD Unfinished Business has no vocal backing, the version on the Wireless CD has female backing.