Author Topic: MICKY JONES 1946-2010  (Read 55321 times)

Bartonbank

Re: MICKY JONES 1946-2010
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2010, 12:00:47 AM »
So sorry, George and family, for the sad loss of your father. Privileged to see him play many times and awestruck every time.
I had the good fortune to first meet him on the tour with Badfinger in support, and blagged my way backstage for a chat.  I had arranged a coach to the gig at the Birmingham Town Hall and the 40 or so on it had all had a sweep as to the opening number. I told Micky this, and what my pick was, and he changed the running order so I won. A true gent.

RIP Micky, and keep on crinting.

Michael Heatley

Michael Heatley

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2010, 01:51:51 PM »
West Coast dude Mike Somavilla tells me that Barry Melton dedicated has show last night to the memory of Micky and to Martine Fierro who passed away 2 years ago on March 13th.

'The band kicked ass. Austin Delone sat in on keyboards because Banana is in Europe and Charlie Cockey who wrote Mountains in Dream land that Barry recorded on his ?The Fish? LP was in the audience. Charlie was also in the 60?s band Melvin Q Watchpocket.'

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2010, 03:20:11 PM »
http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2010/03/micky_jones_rip.html
Sad that some of the responses on this one have headed off in the wrong direction. I've mailed the editorial team to see if that can be resolved. A personal plea from me to anyone who feels a need to wade in. Please think carefully about how any intemperate comments would reflect back on ourselves, on the band we love, and on Micky's memory.

Alan Jones, for the avoidance of doubt, this isn't addressed at you. I felt you had, and made, a fair point in a fair way. Sad that others (hiding being incomplete names I note) couldn't see that. 
Boldly going.......

Brian

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2010, 06:17:11 PM »
Micky Jones & Question Mark, Plough Inn, Friday June 11 2004:

Campbell

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2010, 09:40:13 PM »
So sorry, George and family, for the sad loss of your father. Privileged to see him play many times and awestruck every time.
I had the good fortune to first meet him on the tour with Badfinger in support, and blagged my way backstage for a chat.  I had arranged a coach to the gig at the Birmingham Town Hall and the 40 or so on it had all had a sweep as to the opening number. I told Micky this, and what my pick was, and he changed the running order so I won. A true gent.

RIP Micky, and keep on crinting.
I join everyone else in saying how sorry we were to hear of Micky's death.It was on this tour that I first saw Man back in 1974 I think and luckily I have met and chatted with Micky a lot over the years.I agree A TRUE GENT

Singing Bear

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »
I've only just found out about Micky's sad passing. My thoughts are with his family and the entire Man clan. Micky was an incredible musician and I feel blessed to have lived with his music for so many years.

harbottle

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2010, 11:51:19 AM »
http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2010/03/micky_jones_rip.html
Sad that some of the responses on this one have headed off in the wrong direction. I've mailed the editorial team to see if that can be resolved. A personal plea from me to anyone who feels a need to wade in. Please think carefully about how any intemperate comments would reflect back on ourselves, on the band we love, and on Micky's memory.

Alan Jones, for the avoidance of doubt, this isn't addressed at you. I felt you had, and made, a fair point in a fair way. Sad that others (hiding being incomplete names I note) couldn't see that. 

I thought it was a very good article. I e-mailed the editor to complain about the abusive comments (Not the Alan Jones comment).

I think today's day in the office shall be livened up by a heavy dose of MAN on the headphones!

Allan Heron

• Global Moderator
    • It's Just My View
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »
Been contacted by Rob Davies - our (only) favourite lawyer - who's not able to access the Manboard currently.  His message is as follows;-

Just seen the news about Micky on the BBC website; that is so very, very sad.

I cannot get access to the Man Board or sites any longer from work and have no net access at home.

If either of you are in contact with George and the band would you please pass on my condolences and sympathies.

What a loss - he was the finest guitarist I have had the pleasure to listen to whether live or on record. I still get goosebumps thinking of his playing let alone listening to it. And Michael, you did him proud in the TWC coverage and all your efforts for the band - ditto Jules and the site.

Rob
It's Just My View

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST........

Ron S

• Career Records
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
Fred Mills, editor of Blurt Online write some nice words about Micky http://blurt-online.com/news/view/3474/
The Country That Rules Magnetism, Rules The World

Rob W

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2010, 06:35:18 PM »
Fred Mills, editor of Blurt Online write some nice words about Micky http://blurt-online.com/news/view/3474/

"veteran journalist, Michael Heatley"................

but he looks so young

:)

Mark Davies

• Man & Deke Leonard Photo Album
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2010, 08:25:19 PM »
I emailed the Independent to ask them if they would publish an obituary for Micky. I have just had a reply saying they intend to do so. I will post it on here when it appears.

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2010, 11:47:28 PM »
We'll certainly have to make sure all his posts are appropriately tagged from now on.
Boldly going.......

Jules

• Administrator
    • The Manband Archive
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2010, 11:49:28 PM »
Some great photos of Micky on Ralf Bukowski's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/rbukowski1

(click on his photos link)
Boldly going.......

Michael Heatley

« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2010, 12:11:18 AM »
We'll certainly have to make sure all his posts are appropriately tagged from now on.

You absolute swine!  ::)