Author Topic: BT Broadband  (Read 2205 times)

Mike Morgan

BT Broadband
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:22:03 PM »
Anyone use it / them?

Any good / bad experiences?

I've just been offered it @ ?12.00 per month.

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
Re: BT Broadband
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:19:01 AM »
Anyone use it / them?

Any good / bad experiences?

I've just been offered it @ ?12.00 per month.

Up here in the far NW Southlands, no option. Only fault is we don't get the full 8gb/s download speed, just 500 mb/s, or whatever the figures are. Limited by the exchange. With the landline package paying just under ?30/month..
Virgin places don't mean a thing to people who never bring their hearts along.

Colin Salter

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »
Very happy to see the back of BT when we finally moved to somewhere with a choice. They were really unhelpful about getting us broadband in the first place, slow to sort out problems with it, and tried to charge us a leaving fee when we left. ("Oh sorry, that must have been a mistake ...") The service is poor, and there's no benefit to being with several parts of BT, eg phone, landline, broadband - as the different parts don't speak to each other. It's not a joined up company, and the broadband speeds are infinitely faster since we moved to Virgin.

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 03:17:19 PM »
Very happy to see the back of BT when we finally moved to somewhere with a choice. They were really unhelpful about getting us broadband in the first place, slow to sort out problems with it, and tried to charge us a leaving fee when we left. ("Oh sorry, that must have been a mistake ...") The service is poor, and there's no benefit to being with several parts of BT, eg phone, landline, broadband - as the different parts don't speak to each other. It's not a joined up company, and the broadband speeds are infinitely faster since we moved to Virgin.

...exact the same scenario as me, Mr Oric. 
'The Adventures Of The Celia Gang' digital download charity album for Micky available from the dedicated page on my website http://www.nicknation.co.uk/CeliaGang.html, note the CD has now sold out