Author Topic: Man at Swansea 01 May 2010  (Read 46085 times)

Brian+Bernie

Re: Man at Swansea 01 May 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 11:10:45 AM »
Now do tell us some more stories in that lovely Walsall in the Midlands accent.....

We wuz out on the cut in that speed-boot, an me mate fell in.  The missus war too pleazed - it was for uz Sunday dinna.

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
  • Micky Jones 1946 - 2010 Clive John 1945 - 2011
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 02:30:37 PM »
I've just come back from the Planet Zog in my spaceship. Funnily enough it looks just like Walsall Bus Station.

We wuz out on the cut in that speed-boot, an me mate fell in.  The missus war too pleazed - it was for uz Sunday dinna.

How ghastly, B&B! What is the name of the river that runs through Walsall? Is it the Tyne? I bet it's jolly cold! And foggy!

Actually, we must be careful what we say about Walsall - a very important person, of great relevance to the Manband, now lives in the area. You know who I'm talking about. And why. Yes, Stevie Nicks has got herself a one bed studio apartment near Bescot. (see previous witterings, jah knows where...) It's great for me as it overlooks the marshalling yard. I hope to 'cop' the remaining missing wagon numbers. Apparently she's also picked up the accent!
'The Adventures Of The Celia Gang' digital download charity album for Micky available from the dedicated page on my website http://www.nicknation.co.uk/CeliaGang.html, note the CD has now sold out

Rob W

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 02:41:55 PM »
Yes, Nick, we do know who you're talking about. I intended to put a little note in my post asking him to forgive me, but forgot.

And I do still go to Walsall regularly. I work in the Brum area once or twice a week. I wonder where Ms Nicks lives? 

Iowerth Pritchard

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 03:09:41 PM »
Apparently she's also picked up the accent!

It's rumoured that in the still of the night at Bescot Sidings you can hear a voice on the wind singing:

Yow con gew yerown way, gew yer own way
Yow con cawl it anutha lone-lay day

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »
It's rumoured that in the still of the night at Bescot Sidings you can hear a voice on the wind singing:

Yow con gew yerown way, gew yer own way
Yow con cawl it anutha lone-lay day

Yes, I've heard rumours as well. However, I must point out that you've got the accent completely wrong. A good try, but your accent was slipping through. Where did you say you lived in Wales? Upper Llanoleum? Sounds idylic!
'The Adventures Of The Celia Gang' digital download charity album for Micky available from the dedicated page on my website http://www.nicknation.co.uk/CeliaGang.html, note the CD has now sold out

John Bannon

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 04:32:36 PM »
I took one of the young female solicitors with me, whom I was having a fling with. I did the seminar, she just hung around.
Sorry everyone, just reminiscing. And just remembered, John B, that was the bird you met at the Blackpool gig.
Hi Rob, Noticed your genuine mistake. Its all right, I always get the words solicitor and soliciting mixed up. Are you sure she was a solicitor, I heard her mention something about being out late and school the next day...............

Iowerth Pritchard

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
I must point out that you've got the accent completely wrong. A good try, but your accent was slipping through.

I was trying my very best, but it obviously wasn't good enough to fool you Mr Nation .  I've been on that 'ow ta spake proppa' course at the local evening class, and I've been reciting the Black Country alphabet every day, but I've obviously got a lot to learn.

All together now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIqSlt9PXg

Tara-a-bit

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 07:50:59 PM »
Just got this message from Stevie:

'Wye aye. Settling doon with Mac reet propper. He's a proper droomer, not like the ock-ter-pus in yer lot. Canny good. I divent knows about youse burra got a crackin' view of yard - Class 37 lerk-a-mertive on 6Z45. I'm not getting back with Lynsey Book-in-hum noo, an that.'

Mike Morgan

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »
I was then about to follow up by asking why he went to Poland to recruit musicians before the zloty dropped.

No. Still don't get it.  Got the others.  This is getting silly.

Mike Morgan

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »
I once interviewed Roy Wood and asked him where he recruited his all-girl band from.

I was then about to follow up by asking why he went to Poland to recruit musicians before the zloty dropped...  ;D

But just worked out (again) how the quote thing works!

How many postings are we on now?

Brian+Bernie

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »

summat to do with 'Walsall' soundin loik 'Warsaw'?

ere's anutherun for yer:

Q: wots the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
A: yow car wesh yer onds in a buffalo

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »
Gosh! Miss Mountshaft has a heard of bison!

Dan Singh

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »
Gosh! Miss Mountshaft has a heard of bison!

Bah, Thats wot we said 't ar lad when e left orm..

sonic_hawk

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »
I once interviewed Roy Wood and asked him where he recruited his all-girl band from.

I was then about to follow up by asking why he went to Poland to recruit musicians before the zloty dropped...  ;D

But just worked out (again) how the quote thing works!

How many postings are we on now?

While we fill in time, waiting for the Swansea reviews to come cascading in, I've just realised this is a golden opportunity for me to boost my status to "Sr Member" without really trying  ;D

I wonder if any other members off this forum were at Leamington?

Nick Nation

• Crintabulator
    • Nick Nation
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
While we fill in time, waiting for the Swansea reviews to come cascading in, I've just realised this is a golden opportunity for me to boost my status to "Sr Member" without really trying  ;D

Yes, that's when you become Spanish.

I wonder if any other members off this forum were at Leamington?

Yes, I've been to Leamington.

I like this.