Discuss! ;) :D

Alan Davies

Re: ABE
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 08:42:42 PM »
 :D

Rob W

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 11:53:02 PM »
You know, I've just spent a week invigilating at exams run by ABE, so I thought on seeing the post title, what the blinkin' eck is this.....?  Have I been rumbled?

Anyway, other than Shakers, and my own thing, I'm not really fussed about footy. But, a few of us went to the local, so I took my geet maffis BFC St Georges flag, it's a beast of a size, with Woolfey and Bury FC on tour written on it. Don't give a stuff about the result, but Bury and anti B*lt*n songs were sung all the way through the match. Proud to be a Shaker. Bury Til I Die  :)  :)

Mike Morgan

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 12:38:29 AM »
Aren't we a bloody strange bunch of countries?  We can all support one country, unless they're next door to us and those who love the same country can hate the village / town up the road a mile or so.  Not a pop at anybody, the Welsh are a staggering microcosm down to hating the next street.  Me?  Too much trouble and too varied a background to let it get to me.

Unless it's Cardiff City Football Club or those bastards from Llanelli otherwise known as the Scarlets.

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 01:02:30 AM »
Bury Til I Die
..or "don't bury me..

..those bastards from Llanelli otherwise known as the Scarlets.
Achg twa.. C'mon Glawster..
Virgin places don't mean a thing to people who never bring their hearts along.

Rob W

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:55:35 AM »
Aren't we a bloody strange bunch of countries?  We can all support one country, unless they're next door to us and those who love the same country can hate the village / town up the road a mile or so.  Not a pop at anybody, the Welsh are a staggering microcosm down to hating the next street.  Me?  Too much trouble and too varied a background to let it get to me.

Unless it's Cardiff City Football Club or those bastards from Llanelli otherwise known as the Scarlets.

I don't hate anything really....apart from that...whotsitsname....thingy....on the tip of my tongue.... oh yeah,,,,,that's it.....Roger.....piggin'....Waters....

:)  :)  :)

only kidding MBB ;)

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:54:57 AM »

Mike Morgan

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 10:40:11 AM »

I don't hate anything really....apart from that...whotsitsname....thingy....on the tip of my tongue.... oh yeah,,,,,that's it.....Roger.....piggin'....Waters....

:)  :)  :)

only kidding MBB ;)
[/quote]

I wouldn't have thought that it was anything but a joke.  After all, the more you read about Rog, you realsie that his compassion and love spreads not only to the world in general, but also to those close to him.  Like Gilmour. And Wright. And Bob Ezrin. And .. on for ever more!

Actually I have absolutely no grudge against the Skaletts as I have no real interest in rugger (or mining or choirs).
On the other hand, when Cardiff were in the play off final the other week I went down the road of 'get behind them, it would be good for Wales to have a premiership club blah, blah'.  My deep seated emotions were revealed when they took the lead and I uttered a profanity that rhymes with duck.  After that I stopped kidding myself that I could be rational about them.

I bet Rob Green missed a bit of sleep last night.  Poor sod; if a forward misses a good chance there are a few comments, but the equivalent happen sto a keeper and it's almost inevitably a goal and will appear on clip shows for many years to come.  Come on Rob, it was just a mistake, come back fighting (or crock David James and the other one so that Fabio has to pick you).

Mike Morgan

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »
South africa police admit they're having problems with drug-dealers, thieves, and sex fiends at the world cup. They are confident that things will improve when England go out and john terry's family Go home.

Rob W

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 07:19:19 PM »
South africa police admit they're having problems with drug-dealers, thieves, and sex fiends at the world cup. They are confident that things will improve when England go out and john terry's family Go home.

But what has that got to do with Roger the Cabin Boy ?

Mike Morgan

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »
Seaman Staines is a mate of his.

Martin Daughton

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 07:49:28 PM »
Radio 5 pointed out that there was a first ever palindromic world cup scoreline as depicted on the tv screen, namely

NED 0-0 DEN

Pete T

• Man 1968 - 2008
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 12:29:40 AM »
Will anybody bother watching the Slovenia game?

Mike Morgan

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 12:50:02 AM »
Only those that hope England lose ;)

I'm not one of them by the way, but don't tell any of the other boarders...

Colin Salter

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 08:33:07 AM »
I'm not English and not much of a footie fan, even I could see that last night was a piss-poor display by the boys in white. I can't help agreeing with the commentator who pointed out that only telling players two hours before kick-off whose going to be playing is hardly the way to develop team spirit and enthusiasm.

As a Scot I was always an ABE supporter, but my English wife has worn me down over the years and last night I actually wanted England to win - typical! It's the same when I support the Scottish rugby team; guaranteed to lose. Is it me? Never backed a winner in my life (except the lovely wife of course ...).